Automatic Updating to 7.0.4

Hi,

I have been trying to update a couple of sites to v 7.0.4. My licenses are all validated so it should do it automatically. Although on one that I am still building I tried it manually to see if that made a difference, it didn’t.

In the X Dashboard it shows the installed version as 6.2.5 as below:

I read through your updating guidelines, cleared the cache etc, I don’t think I have missed anything. Is there a reason that the automatic update doesn’t seem to have worked?

Kind Regards

Hello @WebEmpire,

Thanks for writing in!

If you update from an old version then in that case automatic update might not work. In that case, one needs to update X Theme and Cornerstone manually. It’s mentioned in the ticket but I want to check if you tried to manually uploading the theme files via FTP? You can take a detailed tutorial in our theme update guide:

In case problem is still there please share the login details in secure note for us to take a look. We might not update the theme as it falls outside the scope of support we offer but we will try our level best to point you in right direction.

Thanks.

Hello @Prasant

Thanks for the information, I had read it, but obviously read it better this time. I did it manually via FTP for a site that is a WIP and it didn’t work before.

However, a live site and another WIP site I have both updated fine after reading through your info again. And the third one updated fine doing it manually by deleting and reinstalling the theme instead of using FTP.

So … all good now, thank you for the help :smile:

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.