Automatic Updates of ConvertPlus

Hello,

Convertplus has an automatic update feature available that is not working with the Theme X.
I have spoken to them and they said since it is included in the Theme X add-ons and I have downloaded it from the theme, I am not able to get registered with them for the automatic update feature. Convertplus said to contact you in order to resolve this problem.
I do get notification from convertplus when a update is available, but I have to go out and download the whole plug-in again, deactivate it from the website, delete it from the website and then re-download it. The last time I got an error because the file was too large.

Is there any way this problem can be solved by Theme X?

Please advise.

Hi There @thewellreadmom

Thanks for writing in! It could be related to your server’s current configuration limitations. Could you please try increasing the following configurations on your server and see if that helps.

upload_max_filesize
post_max_size

You can refer to the following guide (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-upload-large-images-in-wordpress/) or you can directly contact your hosting provider to increase it.

Thanks!

The settings got re-set after the last Wordpress upgrade.

The problem is that the plug-in is not allowing an automatic update. I shouldn’t have to download and re-install the plug-in every time there is an update. I don’t have to do that with other plug-ins.

Will this be resolved by Theme X?

Thanks

Hello @thewellreadmom,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I believe you are referring to the version of ConvertPlus provided by the Plugin author. If that is the case then please note that before releasing any plugin update we have to make sure that it’s compatible with our products. This is to make sure to minimise the probability of something going wrong with customer website because of plugin update. We may not instantly release the update from our end as compatibility test takes some time.

However, if you still want to use the updates provided directly by plugin author then you will have to purchase a separate licence from plugin author itself. You can take a look at the resources provided in secure note.

If that’s not what the question was, then please share website login details in a secure note. At the moment I would like to see the the version of Convertplus you are using on the website.

Thanks.

I have installed version 3.3.1

Is there any way to work with the plug-in author to set up a way to automatically update after your compatibility testing is complete using the version provided by X Theme?

Hello @thewellreadmom,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I took a look at the version compatibility guide and as of today the supported version of ConvertPlus is 3.3.1 which happens to be the version you are also using. More importantly it’s the latest version of Convertplus from plugin author. Here is the changelog of Convertplus:

https://www.convertplug.com/plus/changelog/

Regarding the updates, you need to update the plugin from the WordPress updates section. In case a update has been released then you will see a notification in the WordPress update section regarding the same. However, please note that automatic update feature of Convertplus is offered only to those users having direct licence from the plugin author. You can take a look at following article. So in this case, you need to purchase a separate licence.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.