Automatic Update Not Working

I cannot seem to update to the latest version of Pro. Ever since converting my license from X to Pro I have been having all sorts of issues. I am running on Multisite

Video: https://cl.ly/n3iv

Hi there @dfinch,

Please update Pro manually if you don’t see an update notice for it.

We’ve been investigating the multisite automatic update issues. Our original system was never specifically designed to work with multisite, but would often work when X/Pro was active on the main site. The problem is that when WordPress checks for updates at the network level, the theme code isn’t included. With X/Pro running on the main site, it will try to insert update information into the WordPress update cache. But that cache is volatile, and the network dashboard can clear it out - at which point because X/Pro isn’t running, the X/Pro update doesn’t appear anymore.

Thanks!

1 Like

Gosh - any news on getting this resolved soon?

Hi Gregg,

Thank you for writing in, right now there is no issue of theme automatic update. Just make sure your theme (and Cornerstone if you’re using X) is not way outdated. Maybe you have a different issue, please create a new thread and clarify your issue in there.

Cheers!

There most certainly is an issue. I’m still updating manually since posting my original message.

Please fix it! It’s incredibly time consuming to update manually every time.

@dfinch

Are you experiencing this issue on multi-site only? Please open up a thread when you’re experiencing this issue again, so that we can test.

Usually what happens is that when you miss few updates or when you miss a critical update, the update process will not be initiate.

Thanks!

Goodness me! Yes, I am on multi-site. This should be obvious from my original post. I’m on the latest version and have been updating (MANUALLY) since I opened this thread.

Your support on this issue has been shocking. Do you want access to my site?

Hello there,

Yes, please. Kindly add your Wordpress & FTP URL/User/Pass in a secure note so we can check further.

Thank you.

Okie dokie, I’ve added my login details.

Hi There,

Everything seems updated.

When you face this issue again please let us know so we can take a closer look.

We do recommend you revoking and re-assigning the license for testing purpose if automatic update fail.

Thanks

are there instructions on how to update the theme in multisite? Manually i mean?

Hi,

Please check Manual Update section on the link below

Thanks