Auto updating and format from the "X" tab on the WP dashboard

It seems my license’s verification for the auto updates has gone through and is functioning properly for my staging site, but on the main domain it doesn’t seem to be working properly for auto-updating and the format is goofy. See screenshots comparing the two. What do I need to do?

Hey KyleMac,

This usually happen is you either update X or Cornerstone but left the other not updated.

Kindly double check and make sure that both X and Cornerstone are updated to the latest version including your Wordpress installation.

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Alright - I updated the theme manually, which solved the formatting thing, but now it seems I lost the custom css code field in the customizer area where I had a couple snippets of code. There are only 4 options instead of before where there were several customizing options. Thoughts?

Hello @KyleMac,

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.3.8
  • Cornerstone 3.3.8

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

Yes, I am on the latest versions of both. Still getting the limited view on the customizer options. (Without the field to add “custom code”

Here’s the Customizer without the field for Custom CSS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9idr8b1w56lyd7o/Screenshot%202018-11-21%2020.05.51.png?dl=0

Hey KyleMac,

It seems that you updated from an older version of X which was still using the Customize panel for the custom CSS.

Please try checking in X > Theme Options > CSS:

Hope this helps.

That side panel wasn’t visible in customizer either. But I figured out what the issue was… the staging site had the newest WP version, and my main site was one version behind. After updating WP it took care of it. Anyways… hopefully that can help someone else if they are having the same issue. I should have updated that first, but it was an oversight. Thanks for your help.

Ah glad to hear you were able to get it sorted and thanks for sharing the fix for the issue.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.