Auto Updates are not autoupdating

Hello. I have the “auto update” square in the Cornerstone Home sidebar section set to the unlock icon. Presumably, that means auto-updating should occur. Not only is that not occurring, but I can’t manually update it or the Layer Slider plugin (I get a “plug in not available” error message, despite both plugins saying there are updates available). This is highly frustrating.

Searching on your fora reveals little, so i google searched and found that I might reset my API key. But I built this site at least a year ago, and can’t even remember where to find that business.

Any help would be helpful. Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Having your X theme validated unlocks it to the extensions and the automatic updates. Automatic updates in WordPress does not mean that the theme and plugins will automatically update itself. It will enables you to see automatic updates notifications right in the dashboard and be able you to update a theme or plugins by going to Dashboard > Updates or straight in the plugins section.

Now if you are using an older version of X that may have been using the API key, clicking the update button will no longer work because we have deprecated the API key. You will have to manually update the theme first to the latest version X 5.1.1. To know how you can update the theme manually, please see “Manual Updates” section in this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Please let us know how it goes.