Authors Can't Edit Background Controls

Hello,
It appears that when we give a user on our site the Author user role they lose the ability to manage certain controls within the Cornerstone GUI. That said, I’ve checked the X-Theme settings, and Authors have been given the ability to manage all page/post content just as our editors have. But, when we change the user role to Editor the Cornerstone controls come back. So, it appears there is no way for us to give authors the ability to edit these settings.

That said, it seems there are limitations within the theme that reduce the ability for certain users to edit Cornerstone element settings that are based on user role, but that we don’t have the ability to change. Is that correct?

This is a high-profile client and we do not have the ability to give access to the site.

X Version: 6.5.5

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you for writing in, I just tested this and I can give access to an Author role. Please navigate back to X > Settings > Permissions and make sure you’re applying the permission to the Author

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.