Assign Header/Footer to Pages

I want to assign header and footer to everything but the homepage. I see how to assign to posts but not pages? Why are pages missing from the assignment area?

http://dev.seaturtlere.com/indian-river-county-search-results/?9=Indian%20River%20County

Hello @verobeachmarketing,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Well, you can definitely assign header/footer to pages and you get the option right in the assignment panel. https://cloudup.com/cwG_M5W26bS

Thanks.

Hello @verobeachmarketing,

I am a bit confused. Can you please share admin login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

sure, and thank you for helping me

Hi There,

Thanks for the wp-login, but the site requires authentication. Please provide so we can take a look.

In the meantime, please confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins). You can find the latest version numbers here. Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site. If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Cheers!

If it doesn’t let you in, I will need your IP address… yes latest version.

Hey @verobeachmarketing,

I have logged in and saw the issue. What you’ve experienced is a known issue. The header builder has a limit in loading posts and pages for assignment. Currently, in your site, it is populated by your property listings.

Regretfully, there is currently no solution for this but to currently use a global header. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thank you for understanding.

Is there a database record that can be set? This is related to another ticket where I am trying to setup an index.html file which breaks the backend Pro theme.

I’d prefer to use the global header but I need to make a customer homepage as Pro theme is adding CSS and other items to the page after removing header and footer.

Thoughts?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, but I am not entirely certain of what you’re trying to do. Please provide us with more information and perhaps screenshots.

Have a nice day,
Cheers!

Place an index.html file in your wordpress with pro theme root. Then login to back and and try to use pro theme tools. It breaks pro themes.

I am trying to create a landing page as I have done so many times before with worpdress but it doesn’t work with pro themes. So I am trying to now build the landing page as the homepage in pro themes and remove the header and footer.

I essentally can’t accomplish my goals either way I try.

Hi There,

Use a Blank - No Container | No Header, No Footer page template to your landing page/homepage

Or if you want to write your landing page in plain HTML, add a file front-page.php to your child theme, that file will automatically become the template of your landing page.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.