Appearance > Customize only shows "Widgets" and nothing else

When I go to add custom CSS to the site, I select Appearance > Customize from the WordPress dashboard. The only item that shows up is “Widgets”. Nothing else. I am using the Chlid Theme, but when I disabled it and tried this on the X them directly, the same thing happened.
It behaves consistently with Chrome, Firefox and Edge, along with each in their Private/Incognito modes. Also, all caching is turned off.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please try accessing the customizer via Dashboard -> X -> Theme option?
If that doesn’t help please send us your login details in a secure note so that we can have a look.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

Thanks

I can get to a “Global CSS” section from the left side of the page when I go to Dashboard>X Theme Options, but it is not working correctly.

I was “playing” with my CSS in order to get the Mobile menu button to show against a white background. I copied all of the custom css in the Global CSS window so I could replace it when I messed up. After getting the mobile button how I wanted it, I replaced the code for the menus, but now that code does not work. (It changes font and logo size based on screen size. It did work perfectly before and now it does not. The code is below:

@media (max-width: 1600px){
.x-navbar {
height: 70px!important;
}
.x-navbar .x-nav > li > a {
font-size: 12px!important;
}
.x-brand {
width: 201px;
height: 49px;
background: url(http ://dennisgoodmanphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Asset-3-200.png) no-repeat center top;
margin-top: 10;
margin-bottom: 10;
background-size: 201px 49px;
}

}

@media (max-width: 1200px){
.x-navbar {
height: 70px!important;
}
.x-navbar .x-nav > li > a {
font-size: 10px!important;
}
.x-brand {
width: 201px !important;
height: 49px !important;
background: url(http ://dennisgoodmanphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Asset-3-200.png) no-repeat center top;
margin-top: 10;
margin-bottom: 10;
background-size: 201px 49px;
}

}

What I need is for the font to change as the screen size gets smaller so everything stays in one line and does not wrap.

Hi again,

I checked your site’s source code and it looks broken, this could be due to the customization in your child theme or a corrupted theme. Please try the following first:

1. Deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme ans see if this resolves the issue.

2. Try re-install X and Cornerstone and check your site again.

3. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

4. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

5. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

6. Also test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.

Deactivating the child theme did not solve the issue. I am going through the plugins now, but will not be able to reinstall Cornerstone / X until after hours. (Does it matter if i do Cornerstone or X first?)
If I deactivate the X theme, delete it, then upload and reinstall, you promise that I will not lose all of my work and the site will look like it does today, right!?! (YES, I will have at least the last week’s of daily backups plus one more on my local machine before I start this!)
Also, the code I shared for resizing should work??? (It did before.)

Hi There,

Sorry that you’re having this issue, that original issue you have (Appearance > Customize with only widgets) is weird, would you mind providing us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Yes, the custom CSS you showed above works as intended (I tested it), however, when I view-source your page I cannot find those @media query blocks. Where did you add those CSS codes? Please clarify.

You can reinstall Cornerstone easily, by deactivating and deleting it, then navigate to X > Validation and wait for a few seconds and X will automatically reinstall Cornerstone for you.

Reinstall the X Theme manually via FTP or cPanel, you can follow the Manual X Update Via FTP guide provided here, and your Theme will be reinstalled like nothing happens, of course, its a good practice to always have a back-up, but make this as a last resort.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.