Anchor tag/links and scroll to top ^ is not working

The Index page has 5 anchor tag/links and Back to top ^ is not working. The 5 anchor link is at the top section 5 icon with text below-food indoor outdoor energy shopping.

Hi,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that doesn’t help, please provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

Thanks

I deactivating all third plugins but the problem stay the same. The anchor links alway work in IE, firefox and Safari, but Scroll to top disappeal. The anchor links and Scroll to top don’t work at all in Chrome.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have investigated the links thoroughly and it seems that there is something blocking or preventing the link to work. All the click events seems to have been disabled. Normally if it is a link, you can use press control + click to open the link into a new tab and yet this is not happening in your icons. Do you have any JS code added where it has conflict with this link? I would recommend that you create a sample link and you will see that it will work. Only it is not working with your list with icon code that it does not work.

I would also recommend that you re install X as there might be files that were corrupted. To do the re installation, see manual updates section from this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello

We discovered that the Advanced Custom Fields PRO plugin is causing the issue in Chrome. We also notice that your theme supports and endorses this plugin.

When we disable the ACF plugin, anchor links work fine in Chrome. However, we also noticed the smooth scrolling animation no longer works in other browsers.

Hi again,

Thank you for the update. Advanced Custom Fields PRO is an integrated plugin and works fine with X. Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins including ACF Pro)

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Let us know how this goes!

Hello

The theme and plugins are up to date, but after some research I discovered what was wrong.

The Ethos CSS has “overflow-x: hidden” as a “body” style which does not work in Chrome when using jQuery smooth scrolling.

The solution is to use “overflow: visible” instead.

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

Cheers!

Thank you for sharing with us.

Take care!