Anchor scroll not working

Hi,

My anchor scroll stopped working today. I see on the support forum that this is a recurring issue, but I don’t see in any previous posts what the cause might be right now. It may be related to the recent update:

I tried disabling all the plugins (except for Rev Slider, where the scroll appears), and it didn’t help.

Thanks for your help.

Wordpress: 4.9.8
X theme: 6.3.5
Cornerstone: 3.3.5

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Provide us login credentials in a secure note if that did not work,

Cheers!

I see this problem may be a bug from the latest update:

Hi Steve,

Yes, it was for 6.3.3, I have 6.3.5 right now and scroll anchor now works okay on my installation. But in your site, it still has the scroll issue, BUT, if you resize your browser around the mobile size, the scrolling works. Which means it’s already working but something is affecting its functionality on a bigger screen.

I also checked the versions of the other plugin and compared to mine (copying exact setup) and it should be working like mine.

Perhaps you can create a staging of your site so we could test and disable everything there? SiteGround should have a staging feature.

Thanks!

Thanks for checking all that out. Siteground has a staging option but that costs more and I haven’t subscribed to it.

I’m having the same issue on another site, also using X 6.3.5:

https://savethepostoffice.com

As you observed, in both sites, the anchor scrolls works correctly in mobile view but not the bigger screen.

On the other hand, in a third site, where the slider is below rather than above the masthead, the scroll works properly:

https://hudsonriveranchorages.org

I tried deactivating all the plugins on watermarkarts.org, and the problem was still there.

By the way, on the watermarkarts.org site, the top slider ends with a scroll down link, and it’s working fine.

If you have any other suggestions, that would be great. Thanks as always.

Checked further into my other sites and found that the scroll works fine both above and below the masthead on hudsonriveranchorages.org, but it’s using X 6.2.5.

I think you have just issued a theme update, 6.3.6, and the anchor is now working. Thank you very much!

Ok great! Thanks for confirming.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.