Anchor links not working in chrome

Hello,

I have setup my website and several anchor links in the top navigation. In IE and Edge the anchor links work fine but in chrome it simple does not work. I have tried multiple plugins and can see no errors.

Please can you investigate and advise. This is my site -

Many thanks,

Any support would be greatly appreciated

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
We can see you have updated your cornerstone but the theme is still older one.
Please update both to latest version for a possible fix. After update please don’t forget to clear your cache.

Thanks

1 Like

Hiya Support,

I have updated the theme, alas I still have the same issue. Can you please investigate and advise.

Many thanks,

Myles.

@basanta Do you have any ideas? :slight_smile:

Hi Myles,

Upon checking, I see that most of your links are empty. If you have already tested for a caching issue, we need to investigate this issue further.

Could you please provide us with your login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hiya @mldarshana thank you for your response.

These links are not yet configured, my issue is in the navigation. These are configured but do not work!

Please help,

Myles.

@mldarshana @basanta please help

Hi Myles,

Thanks for the clarification. First of all, please make sure that you have correctly setup your navigation by following this guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRXHOYjSGRk).

Upon further investigating, I see the following error JavaScript error on the console log when loading your site.
InvalidStateError: An attempt was made to use an object that is not, or is no longer, usable

Please disable all of your 3rd party plugins except Cornerstone and check to see if you’re experiencing a plugin conflict. If the issue issue is resolved, then you need to activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing this issue.

If you’re still having issues, then you will need to disable your child theme by activating your parent X theme. If the issue is resolved, then you need to check your child theme customizations to identify the cause.

Further if you have added any custom JavaScript codes into your custom JS area, you need to remove them as well and test your issue further.

If you’re using a caching plugin, please purge your server cache and disable it temporarily until you isolate your issue. Make sure to clear your browser cache as well before testing.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

I found the issue! In the child theme of header.php there was a meta tag I put for google verification, removed it and everything is working!

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.