Amended - Text Editor blank in Cornerstone after theme update

Completing a new thread as requested by admin.
my earlier thread stated …“as soon as I click on the editor to edit the text the whole column goes blank. Have followed several other remedial threads regarding this and tried the suggestions to no avail. I.E waited for the text editor to appear if server slow … not worked. Switched off all third party add-ons … not worked.”

Admin advice (and my responses):
ADMIN: Thanks for writing in! Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.5.4
  • Cornerstone 3.5.3
    ME: Cornerstone is up to date, X theme is 6.5.3 however offers no ‘Update’ button anywhere that I can see. It neither says there is a new version despite acknowledging that I have a lower numbered edition?

ADMIN: _After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-
ME: I use none of these. I did however download WP Super Cache and cleared cache … it said there was nothing to clear.

ADMIN: Test for a plugin conflict by disabling your 3rd party plugins. If the issue resolved, then you can activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing the issue.
ME: I had already tried this to no avail. I tried again anyway … to no further avail!

ADMIN: Check your PHP memory limit and increase if necessary (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/169351)
ME: Done … made no difference.

ADMIN: We recommend max script execution time to be set to 300 (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time1)
ME: I’d love to try if I could find my PHP.ini file. Having wandered aimlessly around every directory, I cannot find it!

ADMIN: If you cannot isolate your issue, please open up a new thread and provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further. Please do not submit your login information to this thread, because your sensitive information is visible to the original thread owner.
ME: Will attach said details again at the foot of this thread.

TIA

Hello Cosawes,

Thanks for reaching out. :slight_smile:

I checked the other thread and actually the message to create a new ticket was for the other user who posted on the ticket that you created.

I checked the website and please try out the following solution:

1. Please update X Theme to version 6.5.4. You can refer following resources to update:

https://theme.co/changelog/
2. I checked for plugin conflict but that’s not resolving the issue too. I checked the memory limit and suggest you to increase the memory limit to 512mb.
3. If above solutions don’t work out then fro Plugins > Installed Plugins deactivate and delete Cornerstone. After that visit X menu to automatically install Cornerstone plugin and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Losing the will to live!
1.Updated … everything current and up to date
2. Added the lines below to wp-config.php
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
3.Uninstalled Cornerstone and re-installed

No difference. Still can’t edit text Grrrrrrrr…

Hi @Cosawes,

I tried checking the console when opening the page in Cornerstone and I am getting these errors:

Can you try installing the Classic Editor plugin?

Hope this helps.

Thank @Jade … still no difference having installed the Classic Editor plugin. :weary:

Hi @Cosawes,

Do you remember anything related to Wireminds tracker? This is added to tinyMCE minified files

<br><!-- WiredMinds eMetrics tracking with Enterprise Edition V5.4 START -->
<script type='text/javascript' src='https://count.carrierzone.com/app/count_server/count.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript'><!--
wm_custnum='f69bfb679260ffaf';
wm_page_name='tinymce.min.js';
wm_group_name='/services/webpages/c/o/cosawes.co.uk/public/wp-includes/js/tinymce';
wm_campaign_key='campaign_id';
wm_track_alt='';
wiredminds.count();
// -->
</script>
<!-- WiredMinds eMetrics tracking with Enterprise Edition V5.4 END -->

And the error is originating from it. I recommend removing it if you have added it and I myself isn’t sure how it got there and it’s not even theme or cornerstone related.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.