All work on homepage deleted

I just upgraded my X theme and all my previous work was deleted. I am having significant difficulty with adding content. Can I contact someone by phone?

Hi There

We do not offer support by phone just trough the forum.

This is quite uncommon and should not happen at all, there is no reason why the upgrade would cause that.

We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Please provide your login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

I hope this helps.

Hi Otino,

Thank you for the credentials, first please clarify what is the issue, what was deleted. I’d checked your home page and all your content was pretty much there (see screenshot below).

Since you’ve just updated your theme, please clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Regarding your questions on the secure note:

1. We love to do that for you, but we need FTP credentials.

2. I think you’re looking at X > Theme Options > Integrity that is not the right place. Template Manager is under X > Templates.

3. Its there (https://image.prntscr.com/image/lDBI0a9YTfa1qz4pJHYMGQ.png), please clarify.

4. Navigate to X > Validation > Extensions, and install the extension that you need.

5. That is the Breadcrumbs let us know how do you want the Breadcrumbs to look like, you can turn that off if you want under Theme Options > Header > Breadcrumbs.

To make your section fullwidth, use a Blank - No Container, Header | Footer page template on your page, and then turn off the ROW’s Inner Container option, then set your image width to 100%

1. Under Page Settings > Meta Settings you can set Background-Image per page.

2. Yup, your General Settings are all good.

3. I don’t see any customization you did on the child theme, so it’s not going to harm your site, it’s all good too.

4. I don’t know what plugin you’re going to use, if there is an extension that you want to use, please refer to #4

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Thanks for your reply and for checking things out for me.

To clarify: My entire home page was deleted when I updated to rhe recent X Theme (March 8th version). What you are seeing in the Home page now (featured in the screenshot you sent) is what I had to recreate from scratch. I still have not received an apology for this error. I’m still unable to place many cool features that were added to the original home page including:

Some cool templates such as a star wars flip card that I cannot locate in elements or in the Template Manager as well as Layer Slider.

In response to your replies to my original questions on the secure note:

1. I’ll get my IT Admin to take care of this then.

2. I am looking under Template Manager under X > Templates and all that s there are templates associated with Integrity. How can I install the extended templates? Can add them there for me please?

3. No there is no LayerSlider Element as shown in your pic. (https://image.prntscr.com/image/lDBI0a9YTfa1qz4pJHYMGQ.png1), that is why I need your help. Can you fix this for me?

4) !!!I just clicked on X > Validation > Extensions, and added demo content by accident and now everything is messed up. Are you able to restore it!!!

1. I found the Theme Options > Header > Breadcrumbs. Thanks

6 -9) Thanks for your help

Hi there,

There must be some problem with your update process, that is not happening for our other customers so this must be some problem on your environment. I strongly suggest that you contact your hosting service provider and bring back a backup of the website prior to the update as you are asking questions that we are not familiar with. I am not sure what are you talking about the star wars flip card.

Anyway, we are apologizing for the inconvenience and rest assured that we are here to help. You need to bare with us and give us more information on each step, so we can understand the issue and give you context.

I strongly suggest that you contact your hosting service provider and bring back the old version and then we can start from there.

1. I think you are talking about the Demo content. It is under X > Validation there you can find the demo content to install, but if you already have a website it is not recommended that you use demo content as it will delete all your settings and bring the demo content obviously. Please read the article below for more information:
  1. The page you gave the screenshot is a 403 access denied error. You need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them why this is happening. It is a server permission error and not related to our theme.

2. It is not possible to restore that. Are you indeed familiar with our product? I suggest that you check our Knowledgebase as this is a basic thing about our demo content that you should know which it will remove any theme options that you have:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to bring back your options, you need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them for an older backup.

Thank you.

Thanks for the apology. I can assure you the issues I am facing are related to your product. Thanks in advance for your help.

Firstly it would help if a single person would continue this dialogue as it appears every reply is starting from step one with no congruity. For example, the screenshot you are referring to was supplied by your staff - not by me.

Specific issues still unaddressed…

1. I have Layer Slider installed. It is not appearing in my elements. How can this be fixed?

2. I no longer have access to a greater list of template elements I remember working with from prior to updating to the new version of X-theme. Is it possible for me to install a larger library of templates?

3. With respect, It is difficult to become more familiar with your product when even intro videos in your Knowledge Base are not reflective of the new version of X-Theme. I’m trying my best to learn as a new user. Limiting support to forum questions (with no phone support and a max limit of 3 questions per day) has limited my potential to address issues and learn in my view. Just providing feedback as a customer.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have a single person for the support as we all are in e remote environment and there are different people in different shifts that take answers.

1. Please add a sample slider in the Layer Slider and then go to the Cornerstone and search for the Layer Slider element and you will find the one to drag to your page. If you do not see it on the list you can simply go to the Layer Slider slide and at the bottom of the screen copy the proper shortcode of it:

Then use the Classic Raw Content element in the Cornerstone to paste the shortcode to have the same effect.

1. I am not sure what are you talking about. By template do you mean the Demo content or the new Template manager system in the new theme version?

If you mean the Demo you can see the whole list here: https://theme.co/x/demos/

And you will see all of them listed in X > Validation menu:

Please consider that the demo content is not meant to be used for an already created website. You need to use it for a fresh installation of the theme and the WordPress.

If you are talking about the new template manager feature please read the articles below:

1. Thank you for your feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.