All products in shop page have disappeared

I opened a ticket a few days back that is the link, since then I have noticed all products in my shop page have disappreared. I have tried all day to find a fix including using the ess grid with no luck, so I’m requesting help now that I’m beyond frustrated.

Hey Mickey,

I understand your frustration but please understand that if this issue was caused by a customization, we won’t be able to help as that is essentially custom development. Please see our Terms.

We’d like to know if is an issue with the parent theme alone so please first remove the customization you did to the Ethos Carousel and check if the issue persists. Please note that though you can display the products in the carousel, it was not designed to display products.

If the issue persists after you’ve removed the customization, please switch to the parent theme and also test for a plugin conflict by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the parent theme is the issue, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

It worked for a couple of days after that customization so I’m not sure, but I will try the messing with the plugins. If that doesn’t fix the issue I will be switching back to my old theme.

On the X theme parent page nothing changed including the customization of the carousel, which still shows post instead of products. The shop page is as it was and showing products, so I’m not understanding whats going on.

Hello Mickey,

If the products were showing when you enable the parent theme, then the customizations of the carousel may have affected it. Please edit your _post-carousel.php file and revert back the ‘product’ to ‘post’. This is to test whether the changes made is the cause or not.

Please let us know how it goes.

I had help from a Apex team member with that, I didn’t know how to do it. Sadly I still don’t know how. I went to my cpanel and tried to find the file and couldn’t.

I do know on the parent theme the carousel is showing as posts. Please advise

Hi,

The file is located in /wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/ethos/

As instructed, please try to revert back the ‘product’ to ‘post’.

Thanks

I will try that @paul.r thank you

I think that fixed the problem, I have never done editing in cpanel so idk but after changing and reinstalling the code, I switched back to the child theme and everything looks like its back to normal. Would you please make sure I did it right?

Hi Mickey,

I have checked your changes and I can confirm that you have done it correctly.

Thanks!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.