All paragraph content dissappeared. Cornerstone Hangs

Update. I did find a plugin that was not showing up in my plugins menu, but “active”. I deleted it manually. Cornerstone now opens and I can edit. However, I still cannot see any of my text on the website.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thank you.

Thanks. I’ve provided the URL in the original post.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the url. I can see that you are using CloudFlare. Please login to your cloudflare account and purge your site cache. It is best that you use the best and recommended CloudFlare settings which you can find it here: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, as mentioned, I have already purged ALL caches. Additionally, before I messaged you I put Cloudflare on “pause”. The domain is still resolving through cloudflare, but only as a passthrough. None of Cloudflare’s features are active.

Next?

Hi there,

Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? It could be due to an internal error, I manually added a shortcode and it’s empty too.

Thanks!

Sure, I’ll provide it below. A note, when I reactivate other themes, the text for blogs reappears.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Regretfully the given credentials isn’t working for us. It seems that the username or password is incorrect. Please double check it so that we can check it.

Meanwhile, if you have logged in to the ftp, please browse to the plugins folder wp-content/plugins/ and delete cornerstone folder. We need to re install it because there might be files that is corrupted which may have caused this issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks, I think the info is correct now.

I have deleted and reinstalled Cornerstone several times. It hasn’t seemed to fix anything. Please let me know what you find.

I just deleted Cornerstone via FTP.

I went to check the front page. The content is missing (this makes sense).

I went to check one of the blogs–the text is all gone. This does not make sense if the issue is directly related to cornerstone, correct?

(I’d like to note, also, I have deleted and reinstalled X Theme a couple of times, redownloading separately each time to make sure I didn’t have a corrupt file). The initial update to the site was done via the admin interface.

Again, the site was working fine before I performed the X Theme update.

After Cornerstone’s reinstallation, Cornerstone now hangs again.

Let me know what you find. Thanks.

Hi there,

Please kindly consider that the technology under the hood is completely different in Cornerstone version 2+ comparing with the older versions. You can check the reasoning and what is changed here:

https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-x-5-2-0

Having said that I checked the homepage and looked into my browser network panel and found out that the cs-vendor.js file which is the essential part of the Cornerstone plugin failed to load:

As you can see the response is a failed one and it downloaded 3.0 MB which took 1.8min! The file itself is 5.5MB so it is partially loaded.

I am not sure why this is loading that much slower on your server and you need to follow the case with your hosting service provider. Ask them why the URL which I gave in the Secure Note is not loading completely and why it took 1.8 min to load a 5.5 MB file using Ajax.

There might be a setting of some kind that they have which is causing the issue.

Thank you.

I can do that, but this doesn’t fix the bigger (and more immediate problem) which is that the text on the site itself is not loading.

This JavaScript file shouldn’t cause standard text in the blog not to load, right?

Why is text on the front end of the site not loading correctly?

Hi there,

If you added the text using the Cornerstone surely it will not work anymore. But if you added using WordPress Editor that is another thing that needs to be investigated.

For the blog, we recommend that you go to each blog post and click on the Screen Options at the top right section and enable the Excerpt option.

After that, a new box will be available for you to add raw content to show in the listing section of the blog.

If the problem is that you add text to WordPress Editor and it does not show please kindly give us the name of the test page and we will follow up the case.

Thank you.

I do not use cornerstone for the blog. It is standard Wordpress blog text.

… or any and all pages on the blog. And all pages on the site.

Hi there,

The problem you are facing is not related to Cornerstone then. The problem is that the text is actually there on the front end but the size of the font is set to 0em and that means nothing! That is why you do not see the text.

I tried to access X > Launch > Options > Typography to see where you set the font size to be 0 em but unfortunately the site is very slow for me and it is not loading the options.

Please check and make sure that you do not set the font size to 0.

Thank you.

This is one of the first things I checked. When I performed the update last Monday, the sizes -did- all read as size “0”. That same day, I changed all of the sizes to “12” to attempt to fix it.

I just loaded options, and all sizes read as 12, not 0.

What you are saying makes the most sense to me as an issue, but I don’t understand why after changing the size to 12 that the font size would still come out at 0 on the front end?

Hi there,

I tried to access the theme options again and it failed to load. That is why I used the old alternative way which is the Appearance > Customize > Typography and there I found the problematic option:

I changed that to 0.8 rem and now it is working ok.

I strongly suggest that you test the case by moving your website temporarily to another server or your hosting service provider and test that if you can access the X > Launch > Options there.

Thank you.

Thanks, @christopher.amirian

I’m on a Mac–I tried to get to Options via Safari and it hangs, but it is fine for me now in Firefox.

Will I cause any problems by using the old Customizer if needed in the future?

Also, a huge --Thank You-- for getting my text back. :slight_smile:

mmm… It is recommended to use the Theme Options as the Appearance > Customize will be phased out in the near future.

You can use the Customizer for the time being as it is the exact mirror of the theme options but you will need to address the problem anyway in the future when the customizer will be deprecated.

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.