All of my old templates gone after update?

I just went into my templates for the first time since updating to Pro 1.2.7 and noticed there were only 3 to 4 saved templates… I used to have dozens saved to my library before the update? How can I get them back?

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that, but the only way to get them back is to have your host roll back your site before the update.

This is kind of weird as this does not happen in our test sites.

For future reference, you can use either of these third party plugins to backup your site before updating.

Thanks

I use updraft backups, but a week ago when updating I didn’t think, “hey, I should check to see if all of my templates got deleted by the update for no reason…” so that backup from a week ago has been overwritten by newer ones and is gone. This is incredibly inconvenient.

Hi,

I have tested this in my test sites where I rolled back to an older version(4 levels back, 3 levels back…), created some templates then updated the theme. The templates are still there after the update.

This is also not listed in our bug tracker so there could be some other reasons that caused the issue.

.Anyway, as stated the only way to get it back is if you have a backup.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.