All my blog post comments have disappeared from the site

Back in June Rahul helped me with my blog post having disappeared. Now I’ve realized that all the comments are gone. I can still see them in the dashboard, but they are not published. www.thepawsitter.com

Hi There,

Please make sure you checked this option under Settings > Discussion:

Regards!

That was never unchecked. I have hundreds of comments. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Had the same things happen.
First I confirmed that my comments are still in wordpress and just not showing on the posts.
I got support under the old system and they had me update everything to the latest versions.
If I remember right it was resolved when I updated everything X and then disabled, updated and re-enabled third party plugins.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Everything is updated except WPBakery Visual Composer. Do I need to update that too? I don’t want to buy something else.

Hi there,

Have you done the fixes in main theme’s functions.php? The update overwrote that file.

I installed comment control plugin to force comments in all posts and it’s not working. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials, I like to trace if the comment template is being picked up.

Thanks!

Not sure what fixes you mean :frowning:

Left ftp login in secure note above.

Hi,

Have you edited any core files of the theme?

I would like to further check but the login provided is not working.

I tried logging in to bluehost and FTP.

Kindly double check your login credentials and let us know.

I updated the login credentials in the secure note, please try again.

Hi there,

I did check few point but could not pinpoint the problem cause.

As your website is live I could not risk following the steps below, Would you please kindly clone your website to a staging environment and follow the steps below for the troubleshooting:

• Update the X theme to version 5.2.5 and Cornerstone plugin to version 2.1.7.
  • Clear the W3c Cache, and disable all 3rd party plugins including the W3c Cache except the Cornerstone plugin and check if the comments are there.
  • Change the theme from X to one of the default WordPress themes and see if the comments are there.

Kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above.

Thank you.

Hello,

I am also having the same issue, and have followed the steps provided and the comments are still not appearing.

Hi there,

Please try to test for a plugin conflict to make sure that it is not a plugin that is causing the issue.

If the issue persists, please post a new thread and provide us with your admin details in a Secure Note so that we can check it further.

Thank you.

clone my website?? I don’t know how to…the link you point to talks about moving to a new server??? Can I pay someone to actually help me with this?

Hi,

I spent some time looking into this but can’t determine what is causing the issue. Comments return false even if it is enabled in your post.

As a temporary solution I added the code below in your theme’s functions.php file.

add_filter( 'comments_open', '__return_true' );

You can clone your site using the plugin below.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.