All menu sub items active

Hi there,

My website is in both French and English with separate pages & menus for each language.
On the English side my menu sub items function properly. On the French side, they are all active when I select one and go back to the menu navigation.

Note: For the French side I have only completed the “Getting Started”/“Se Lancer” menu.

Here are the photos of the issue:

The English link: http://pepah.ca/guide/started/
The French link: http://pepah.ca/guide/fr/selancer/

Does it have anything to do with the “x-always-active” in the photo below from the web inspector for the French menu:

I appreciate your help!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @artthescience,

The class that you have mentioned is only applied to the links that should be active. It seems that there is a conflict in the French version as the English version works ok.

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is that you back up your website and update the theme to version 2.2.5.

Get back to us with the result of the step I mentioned with the login information in the secure note.

Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have investigated the issue and it turns out that it is because of your link structure. The parent menu item url should be different from the url of each sub menu item. I have changed it already using the same structure as with the english menu.

Please check your site now.

Oh wow! Thank you SO MUCH! They are no longer all highlighted.

Do you know why some of the sub menu items stay highlighted in the nav and some don’t?

For instance for CADRE, when I bring the nav back up the link stays active. For PROCESSUS the link is not active. This is also the same on the English side as well.

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Hi @artthescience,

Please try adding the ID into the section instead in a link, it shouldn’t be like this

<a class="anchor" id="processus_1"></a>

It’s a link with no content, hence, zero height. The active status is calculated to the matching area with dimension.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.