All images missing and css not applying

Hi, After a recent update all the images on my site seem to be missing. There also seems to be no formatting either i.e. the font styles in the header aren’t applying at all. The site is www.hushbeautycompany.co.uk

Let me know if you require a login to the WP admin and I can provide one.

Hello Steve,

Thanks for posting in! It seems that you have updated X theme and forget to update Cornerstone as well. Cornerstone 4.0.4 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues, like you have mentioned above, so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the reply. Ok, that’s my mistake as I thought the bundled plugins all needed to be left alone and not updated individually.

I’ve now updated Cornerstone and now all I get is the spinning wheel when trying to edit any page in X. I have even logged out and closed the browser and reopened. There is no caching plugin in use on the site. I noticed I am on X 7.1RC, is this part of the problem and is only a beta release/not a stable version?

Please let me know what steps you would suggest next.

Hey Steve,

There was a glitch in our auto update system which is now fixed, you can manually install X and Cornerstone to the non beta versions. You can review the update guide for manual installation of the theme and plugins here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/621

Let us know how this goes!

Ok, I am back to the stable versions of X and Cornerstone but the same issue still remains with the spinning loading wheel when opening Cornerstone.

Hello Steve,

Have you tried increasing the PHP memory of your site?

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Hi Jade,

I have increased the memory limit as suggested but this has made no difference. Please see details provided in the secure note.

Hi Steve,

Thanks! I’ve taken a look, and I see you’re using WordPress version 4.9.12, We generally only support as far back as three major releases of WordPress. Please update your Wordpress to the latest version (5.3 as of this writing).

Updating WordPress

And we just release X 7.1.1 and Cornerstone 4.1.1, please update to that version as that contains bug fixes (Changelog).

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thanks, all is looking good after the update. Thanks for your help.

You’re welcome!
It’s good to know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.