All Icons are Gone with Cornerstone update

Updated Cornerstone.

Now the icons are gone:

ISSUE SOLVED WITH UPDATE TO LATEST VERSION OF X

Glad you’ve sorted it out. :slight_smile:

Actually, this issue isn’t fixed.

Icons within Cornerstone no longer show up.

Hi There,

Try clearing any caching plugins you have active or the cache provided by your host. We updated FontAwesome with this release. Version 5 required changes to the markup, CSS, and the file location changed. Your site is probably serving the old markup which has references to the previous font location.

I’ve cleared my cache but it’s still happening. What do I do next? This could happen if your site has icon markup that you added directly rather than using our icon shortcode. As of Font Awesome version 5 they split icons into multiple fonts. This can be fixed by changing instances of the data-x-icon attribute to one of the following:

• data-x-icon-b for social icons.
  • data-x-icon-o for outline icons.
  • data-x-icon-s for solid icons.

The original attribute data-x-icon will still work for solid icons as a fallback but we’ve updated everything for consistency.

If it still doesn’t work, would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

Having this issue and it is keeping any content after the header from loading. HELP! Where would we use the data-x-icon-o, b and s? We have numerous sites with this in the page code? What are we supposed to do? Go through all of our client sites and make changes where the instances of this are being used? Please help, I am being swamped with inquiries from clients right now. Thank you.

Guys we have a HUGE issue on our hands. Anything generating shortcodes will not display. The site I am on right now was created with Visual Composer and the these pages will not work unless you remove all the shortcodes including the VC markup. This is not good. Please give me an ETA. I have clients pounding on the door. PLEASE HELP!

Sorry, it is not the VC markup. There was an icon shortcode hiding. I am still getting a lot of clients asking about the issue being caused by the shortcode issue. Thank you.

Hi Keith,

I have tested shortcode icons, but I could not reproduce this issue on my end. Please make sure that you have updated your Cornerstone plugin as well to the latest version as it renders shortcodes. You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

If you’re using an older version, you can simply delete your current version of Cornerstone plugin and then head over to X -> Validation section and wait for few seconds to install the latest version automatically. Once you update, if you’re using a caching plugin, you need to purge server cache as well before testing.

If you’re still having any issue, provide us with example page URLs that you’re having this issue along with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to investigate your issue further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.