All font is suddenly bold

Hey

I looked at my website today and suddenly all the text was displaying as bold. In the pro editor the font is listed as normal, and regular 400 weight, but it’s displaying bold. Even the typography menu settings have it as normal.

Please help.

Okay clearing my cache seems to have fixed it.

But it’s just come back in another window on a different page. It’s only showing in chrome, not edge.

Hi There,

This issue occurs because there is an unclosed <strong> , <b> or <font> tags in your text elements.

Upon checking your website, I could see that there is a font tag is outside the .x-root div:

Could you please double check all your text elements to ensure there are no unclosed tags?

You can use this tool to find the issues: https://htmlhint.io/

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Okay. I looked at the link you sent. What check box should I have clicked to find that issue? Tag pair??

Also how do I then find it on my page to fix it?

I checked all the text elements on the homepage and none of them have open tags.

Hi Heather,

I checked your site and the pages look just fine.
The font weight that set just looks fine as it should be. Please check using another font for clarification.

Thanks

It seems to be an issue just when I’m logged into the website. If I log out and view the website there isn’t any extra bold type.

Hello Heather,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I see that you are using Pro Theme version 2.4.1. I suggest you to update to Pro 2.4.2 to avoid any conflict. Please make sure to clear browser and WP Rocket cache and test the website again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.