Ajax Search Lite

Hi,
I’ve added the plugin Ajax Search Lite. It should replace the standard search bar, and indeed in the content editor of cornerstone when I put in a search object the Ajax search comes up. However, when I place it in the Header the search isn’t becoming Ajax.

I then tried putting Ajax search in a widget, and adding that widget to the header. Unfortunately, when adding a widget object to the header I can’t edit any of the style of that widget and it doesn’t look very good.

Ideally, the search in the header uses the Ajax Search Lite plugin. If that isn’t possible, could you guide me on how to edit the stlye of the widget bar? I’d like it to look like the search bar in the header right now. I left both search options in the header for you to see.

Here is the image of the header. 1 is the widget search, 2 is the generic search (the pretty one :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi There,

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks! I updated it, and all I need now is support on style for the widget in which I placed the Ajax Search.
Could you help me have it rounded borders, as well as being in a certain width? I need it in the headers to adjust to the screen size. For the hero header I need it on a large screen to be around 800px in length, and higher in hight, and for the knowledge center header to be 30% of the bar length.

Thanks so much!

Hi there,

I tried checking the URL attached to the licenses of your account but I can’t seem to find the site that relates to the screenshot that you attached. Also the secure note you have posted does not have a URL in it.

Kindly post the URL of the site in question so that we can check it.

Thank you.

Sorry about that.
The image is from the Header I created (explained in the original message). It is called Knowledge Base Landing Page in the Headers section.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing the Header name, but we were asking about the URL of your website, I tired checking both link in the Secure Note below but I couldn’t login to any of them, we need to know the URL of your website so we can log in and investigate this issue.

Thanks.

Ah sorry, it is learn.mobileodt.com

Hi @alonmg,

As I checked your setup, I could see that it is adjusted already.

Not sure what are the modification that you want to achieve. Would you mind sharing a screenshot or more details of what you want to achieve

Once we fully understand it, we’ll do our best to help you.

Thanks.

Hi,
It seems that you were looking at the page when the widget with the new search was disabled. If you login in again and check the page you will see the correct search. The original post has a screen shot of both. I’d like the widget bar (1) to look like the search bar (2).

Thanks so much!

Hey @alonmg,

The Widget element’s width is automatic. That means it will adjust according to its content’s width (screenshot 1). Your search widget has a fixed width of 500px (screenshot 2).

Please contact the plugin author if there’s an option to make it span 80% and optionally if you can set a max-width. You also need to ask for the padding option and also for the border radius as it has a predefined border radius.

The Widget element could not override that and we could not give a custom CSS because first, it’s outside the scope of our support moreover that we’re dealing with a third party plugin. Second, the third party plugin might have design options for that or there’s a solution available in the third party plugin’s site. You need to refer to the plugin’s documentation for this or contact the plugin’s support.

Thank you for understanding.

Gotcha. Any chance you know of any search plugin that integrates into the wordpress plugin and presents live search results, that is more compatible with the Pro theme?

Hi @alonmg

I don’t know of any for specific, however you might want to try any of the following:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/live-search/

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.