Aggressive Cacheing

I am having issues with editing a existing page in Cornerstone. The error message is related to plug-in conflict or aggressive page caching.

I checked past threads about this and tried everything suggested

I checked that I have the most up-to-date versions of the theme and Cornerstone. I deactivated all the plugins and the issue remained.

So I deleted the page and started from scratch but I am still getting the same error. I duplicated a page I can edit in Cornerstone but the new page has the same error.

Can you help me check up on this?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro Pinto

Hey Pedro,

It looks like your home page or whatever page you set as your home page is having this issue. This usually is caused by your server’s security setup like ModSecurity but please try updating to the latest version of X and Cornerstone. You’re not using the latest version. You can check the latest version in our Changelog. If the issue persists after updating, please contact your web host to temporarily disable ModSecurity or other server security software just to check if the issue is coming from there.

I see there’s no automatic update notification in your Dashboard. That is maybe one of the restrictions of your web host. You need to check this with them. Otherwise, you need to update manually. You can see the manual update instruction at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Thanks.

I am also having this problem on a couple of the sites I have built if it is the ModSecurity how do we fix the conflict?

It was a conflict with ModSecurity so how do we fix it so it can be enabled all the time without conflict?

Hey @TenacityCranes,

It is only your web host that could fix that as they can see what they’re blocking in ModSecurity settings. Please try telling them to allow these directories:

/cornerstone-endpoint
/x/# for X
/pro/# for Pro

Thanks.

Thanks I will…

You’re always welcome!

Cheers.

Thanks for the help, deactivating ModSecurity worked. This means that I will need to disable ModSecurity everytime I need to make some changes in my pages?

Thanks again,
Great work.

Best regards

Hello Pedro,

No need to disable it all the way. Please contact your hosting support on how to whitelist that URI http://paroquiadacruzdaareia.pt/x/ they are much better on this matter, and it is outside of the support that we can offer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the support.

Regards

You’re welcome, Pedro.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.