After X theme and Cornerstone updates, I cannot edit in Cornerstone

Hi. I just upgraded to X Theme 6.1.2 with new Cornerstone - and it does not work. I re-started my computer and still nothing. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

I have cleared my computer caches. Still not working.

I did the new updates today to X Theme 6.1.3 … and a new Cornerstone update and still no good

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hi Matt,

I checked your website and could not find why this is happening. The problem is that the session is expired as soon as I access the Cornerstone. I will ask series of steps that you need to take so that we eliminate all possible problems and see why this is happening.

Please have a complete backup of your website before taking the steps below.

1. Update the WordPress to version 4.9.6
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Install the Transient Cleaner plugin and clear the transient cache.
  8. Contact your hosting service provider and ask them if they may have a clue why the session is getting expired as soon as you access the Cornerstone.
  9. Move your website to another staging server or your local machine and test the case to see if it is a server related problem or not.

I understand that there are lots of steps mentioned above, but that will be the only way to understand the root of the problem. Please consider that we do not have such a problem with our installation and that shows this must be something related to your environment that we need to catch and act upon.

Thank you for your understanding and contribution.

Hi. Step 1 fixed the problem. I didn’t realize Wordpress was ready for an update. Thank you SO MUCH for looking at this for me, though. Greatly appreciated!

Matt

1 Like

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.