After Update X Themes whole webiste change desing

Hello,

I have install updated for the X Theme to the latest and after that, it messes up the whole look of the website.
Is there any chance to roll back to the older version of X Theme or somehow to fix it back to as it was?

Original look:

After update look:

If you need any other details, please let me know.
My website is https://alexandrakreis.com/

All the best,
Alexandra

Hey Alexandra,

I see 2 factors that caused the issue in your site:

1. Direct parent theme customization. I see you’re using the parent X theme and you most probably have customized the previous version directly that’s why when the theme was updated, you’re customizations were erased. It’s not recommended to directly edit a parent theme. That’s why WordPress has a child theme system. With that said, reverting to a previous version of the theme won’t resolve this. You will need to revert your website from a previous working state. Please ask your web host if they have a backup of your site you can revert to. If you don’t have a website backup, regretfully, you’ll need to redo your customizations. This time, please use a Child Theme so your customizations won’t get erased during updates.
  2. Visual Composer update. The solution was mentioned in our past Release Note. Please read the details below.

If you’ve also edited your pages without enabling the Legacy X Integration, the X integrated elements will be wrapped in a VC text element. Please watch the video below if you encounter this problem.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.