After Migraion, Can't edit with X Pro Corner Stone

I just recently migrated from another domain. Server did not change, but domain did I had some initial problems with corrected URL paths, but got that fixed.

Now I have a problem where when I go to the “X” at the top it only says “Launch.” I if I try to Launch and find the page I’m looking for, it shows a blank page. It also says that I’ve edited outside of cornerstone, which in nearly every case I have not. I’m a little worried, it affecting a good portion of my pages. Some work, but quite a few don’t.

To be clear, the site works perfectly, with the exception of the ability to Edit in Cornerstone. So I don’t need help with linking images, ect. That is done.

I’ve also attached login info in a Secure Note.

Here is what I have done:

• Used a plugin cleaner to clear cache
  • We do not use CloudFlare
  • Tried editing in Private browsing to make sure cache isn’t the problem.
  • Wordpress Address and Site Address have been fixed.
  • I’m using the following plugins: Cornerstone, WordFence, LayerSlider, NoComments, Yoast SEO,

Hey,

To check your site is necessary that you provide the website link in the secure note, please, update it.

Now, there are somethings to try to fix it:

-> Increase your PHP memory limit: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/

-> Let`s check if there are any plugin conflict disabling all of them (except the THEMECO plugins or partners plugins) and check the site again.

I’ve updated the note. Thanks.

Hi There,

You need to properly migrate your site in-order to function it after the migration. Please follow our guide below.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-migration/126/1.

Thanks!

Here’s the challenge. I’ve searched this and many people have had this problem in the past. I believe this to be a weakness in code and not clearly communicated to people who are developing.

I’ve provided the above information and it appears that you didn’t even closely look at my particular problem with twe different people responding.

I’ve searched the forums and there are numerous threads with this same problem and it seems one of the only solutions is to completely rebuild the page.

It would be great if you guys could build a version that DID NOT mess up if I accidently or inadvertently edit in “Text” mode.

What I believe happened, is that I used a plugin to fix my URL structure and it somehow made those pages go into TEXT mode even though I didn’t open the page in Text mode.

It would be great if you could fix this problem. It is a weakness in the design and for people who don’t know and aren’t expecting it, there should be greater awareness of how to transfer a site over and the potential problems if not done correctly.

I LOVE xTheme, but this problem I feel is a big negative.

Hi There,

Thanks for the feedback.

As Conerstone uses serialized data it is indeed quite sensitive.

The migration should be made according to the guidelines the pages become unditable.

I personally like to use All in One Migration or Blogvault(not free) to migrate X websites.

Hope it helps