After cornerstone update unable to edit pages

We are in the process of changing webhosts so I restored our website back up on the new host. It all worked fine until i realized that xtheme and cornerstone were outdated. So I updated them and now i am unable to edit pages. I get the never ending loading loop when I attempt to edit a page. I don’t have any cache plugins enabled, i even disabled all the other plugins, i cleared the browser cache, i double checked the php limits, still unable to edit any pages. I am sending a secure note with the site credential. Thanks for any help.

Hi there,

Would you please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  2. Install the WP Server Info Plugin and go to Dashboard > WP ServerInfo menu and you should see the changed PHP Memory limit. Also, send us a screenshot fo the other parameters.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thank you.

I have gone through the requested steps, no change. I’m attaching the requested screenshot as a note. thanks again!

Hi there,

Please make sure your PHP version isn’t greater or equal than 7.2, it has deprecated functions that X/Cornerstone and other plugins’ still uses. Then we’ll continue checking.

Thanks!

Thanks, I have changed the PHP version to v7.0.27. But the issue persists.

Thanks again

Hi There,

Please provide us your login page so we can take a closer look, both /wp-admin and /wp-login.php is not working.

Your version of X (5.2.5) and Cornerstone (1.3.3) is not compatible. Please update both to the latest version (X 6.0.0 / CS 3.0.0)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

We are in the process of changing hosting companies. The current website is on the old version and works fine. The website that has the issues is the one on the new hosting company. The domain name is pointing to the current site. Not the new site that is having the issue. I have included the ip of the new site on a secure note. I have updated the new site to the (X 6.0.0 / CS 3.0.0) and still having problems edit pages. I am including a secure note with the info about the new site.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Please double check credentials. Unfortunately, password is incorrect.

Hi there, Ssorry for the delay getting back to you. But after updating the cornerstone plugin to 3.0.4 it works. Thanks for all the efforts.

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.