Advice on Using Cornerstone on Old Posts

I installed X on an account where I have previously built posts with both the classic editor and with Gutenberg. I’d like to consistently use Cornerstone going forward including on old posts. Whenever I go to an old post and select editing with Cornerstone there is no content to edit.

I have checked permissions and I think those are OK.

Is there a way to migrate old posts and pages so the Cornerstone can edit them. Please share advice or links to documentation. I have been unsuccessful finding anything that pertains to the current release.

Thanks.

Hi @RocketSMS,

Thanks for reaching out.

Old contents should still editable within cornerstone, except they will stay as a classic. Would you mind providing more details of which old content you’re currently referring? Please provide your site’s URL, the page URL where old content is, and admin login credentials in the secure note.

Thanks!

Site is: www.sliwainsights.com

Let’s use this post: https://sliwainsights.com/observation-engineers-like-working-on-the-6th-decimal-place/, but they are all the same.

If I use ‘Edit with Cornerstone’ it comes up with title, excerpt, image, but no content section for editing. I’ve been able to create new posts and pages with Cornerstone. I expected that once I go to Cornerstone, I probably couldn’t go back, but haven’t been able to open in Cornerstone.

Clearly, I prefer to be in the Cornerstone world and not the Gutenberg world.

I will attach a secure note to this.

Hey @RocketSMS,

Sorry for the confusion. Rad was referring to old Cornerstone built pages and not the WordPress Classic Editor nor Gutenberg.

Regretfully, there’s no way to edit content built using the Classic Editor and Gutenberg with Cornerstone. But, what you can do is:

1. Switch to the Text Editor if you’re using the Classic Editor or Code Editor if you’re using Gutenberg,
  2. Copy the code content
  3. Open the page with Cornerstone,
  4. Add in a Text element and paste in the code you’ve copied.

Watching this screencast might help: https://youtu.be/TLdN1qZKziE

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.