Adding menu links

How do i lose the red bar or change it on the Xtheme?

you can see what i am talking about if you go to my site and hover on a menu item

can i make the bar into buttons

Hi There,

To remove the red bar you can add the following code to Theme Options CSS

.x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > li > a:hover, .x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > .x-active > a, .x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > .current-menu-item > a {
    box-shadow: none;
}

Can you provide a mockup of what you mean to make the bar into buttons?

Also I can see you have very long navbar links names, I would suggest using your header Stacked instead of Inline

To do that, go to X > Theme Options > Header and select stacked.

Hope it helps!

Hi thanks for the reply. So i can remove it but are there any setting to change it. Take a look at my Infobunny.com site your see that the menu items change to blocks

Hi There,

If you want to achieve similar look, please add the following CSS to Theme Options CSS

.x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > li > a:hover, .x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > .x-active > a, .x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > .current-menu-item > a {
    box-shadow:none;
    background: grey;
    color: white;
    margin-top: 20px;
     padding-bottom: 0px;
    height: 52px;
    padding-top: 16px;
}

Hope it helps!

Thank you…

You are welcome!

I’m not used to this theme… This is what i have so far http://actionfiguregeek.com

How do i just have recent posts in the grey middle section with a featured image and a 60-70 word post excerpt

Help please :wink:

Ok so the main settings had moved to static page so i changed that and have the blogs posts showing but the next problem is how do i add the main sidebar… this one i cant work out

Thanks in advance

For some reason i cant get the sidebar to show on the home page. It seems to show fine on posts but for some reason on the home page it adds categories and nothing else

Hi THere,

I can see what you mean.

Please provide your login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look on your setup.

To learn how to use a secure note, please refer to:

Thank you!

i have added a secure not above

Thanks in advance

Hello There,

I have logged in to your site and it turns out that you added a custom sidebar in Appearance > Sidebars. You have assign this sidebar to display in the blog index which is at your home page.

If you uncheck the setting, the main sidebar will be displayed in your blog index.

Hope this helps.

Thank you that fixed it

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.