Adding links to footer (content block) error

Hello.

When adding links in the format : <a href="http://www.google.com">Test link</a> make entire footer disapear on page et when click edit footer, the footer is empty.
Anyone else having problems adding links in the footer ?
To make it simple, I think there is a problem with the saving of HTML content from editor in the footer.
How to tell WP / Cornerstone builder not to strip / format any HTML code ?
Look at the content as is saved in the database :

https://pastebin.com/QVFeb7LZ

There are serious html code modifications like spaces and line breaks that break the json correct formatting of the content.

What about someone write <div class="nameclass">CONTENT</div> ? Adding double quotes in any HTML content will break all the footer !

Edit: Confirmed. The powerful tool to create really custom headers and footers are totally useless since it comes to write own html code. When saving, all is screw up, the code get striped of closing tags making the whole page break.

I’m eager to hear the developers point of view…

This is an automated message to notify you that your thread was posted in the wrong forum, and it has been moved to the correct place. A member of our team will be happy to reply just as soon as your thread is up. How support works.

For support, please post all questions in the Support Forum.

For peer to peer conversations with other Themeco customers about tips, customizations, or suggestions you are welcome to use the Peer to Peer (no official support provided here).

For Design & Development, Marketing & Media, and Hosting & Optimization discussions you are welcome to use the General Forum to discuss with fellow Apex members about non Themeco related topics. Please keep this in mind in the future.

Thank-you!

Hi there,

Would you mind checking if you have the most recent version of Pro?

I tried to do some testing on my end and the Content Area element on Pro Footer seems to work fine when you add some HTML codes in it. This works fine even after saving and then editing the footer builder. See the screenshot below:

If you have the update version of Pro and the issue persists in your setup, kindly provide us with the admin details of your site in a secure note so that we can check it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.