Adding information to blog post meta

Dear x Theme Team,

I would like to add one informational text to the blog post meta. It should appear with a bit of margin between the meta data and the blog title. And it should appear on every blog post.

This is for affiliate link reasons.

The text should apear in the blue rectangle in the screenshot below. Here Is my site

Thank you very much & regards,
Luis

Hello Luis,

Thanks for writing in! Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Once you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/RENEW/_CONTENT-POST-HEADER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Standard <header> output for various posts.
// =============================================================================

?>

<header class="entry-header">
  <?php if ( is_single() ) : ?>
  <h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
  <?php else : ?>
  <h2 class="entry-title">
    <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to: "%s"', '__x__' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a>
  </h2>
  <?php endif; ?>
  <?php x_renew_entry_meta(); ?>

<?php // you can add your text below ?>
  <p>Add your text here!</p>

</header>

3] Save the file named as _content-post-header.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/renew/
You will need to create the folder names in your child theme.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there,

I just put the disclosure in the footer. Thank you for your support anyway!

You’re welcome.