Adding CSS in Pro

I am curious about the CSS function accessible in skinny UI item on the left. When I write things in there nothing happens. My normal habit has been to write all my css in a css file which I place in the child theme via “appearance>editor.” Is there any guide to using the Pro CSS editor. Also what do you call Pro’s nav bar on the left of the interface? Thanks.

Hi @johnboak,

Thanks for writing in.

After installing child theme, https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57

The best way to edit your child theme style.css is to use FTP and an editor like notepadd or notepad++. Edit your style.css there then reupload it again via FTP. Although it is an easy way however you can easily manage and check your CSS via the editor that you want to use.

For more guide about customization you can check the link below.

In regards to your last question, would you mind sharing us the screenshot that you want to ask.

Thanks.

Let me rephrase my question. I know how to write my CSS to a .css document and load it into the editor for my child theme. What I want to know is: what is the “CSS” interface element in Pro found in the skinny gray band on the left. I would add a screenshot if I knew how (I tried dropping it in this window; does not work). The Pro CSS editor has text implying that you can write CSS there and see it take effect on the right. You can actually write stuff in there. But I cannot see any effect. Even if I save. What is this CSS editing window for? How do you use it? Is there documentation on new interface elements found in Pro?

Yes, you can add CSS in Pro’s CSS editor and see the effect live. It could be that you have syntax errors in your CSS. Try linting your CSS first at http://csslint.net/. If you don’t have CSS errors, please give us access to your WordPress admin in a secure note so we could check what’s wrong with the editor.

For Pro tutorials, please see our Knowledge Base.

Thanks.

I can see my syntax error. It works.

Where does this Pro-css-editor CSS go? Is it a separate CSS document somewhere in the site’s installation?

(PS: I like the new forum.)

Thanks.

Hi there,

The CSS added in the custom CSS gets saved in the database and added to the head part of the page as an internal stylesheet.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! (I presume you meant “internal” stylesheet.)

That is correct. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.