Adding Belgium to WooCommerce

Hi,

I have a couple of questions:

I’m trying to add Belgium to my WooCommerce shipping destination, but I think i need to update my functions.php to do so. Does anyone know if that’s right? Seems a bit extreme just for a new country.

Secondly, and more related to Xtheme, I don’t currently have a child functions.php created. I understand that in order to do so, i’ll have to set up a child css too (is that right?). But i have put all of my CSS in the xtheme PRO settings area for CSS. Pro - Launch - Theme Options - CSS.

What do I have to do in order to get a functions.php set up? Will i have to transfer the code in the xTheme CSS section into a child CSS?

Hi there,

First of all, I don’t think to set the store country to Belgium you need to use the functions.php. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the Pro which is 2.0.4, if not please back up the website and update the theme.

Then please make sure that you use the version 3.3.3 of the Woocommerce plugin, if not please update that plugin. Then go to Woocommerce > Settings > Shipping > Add Shipping Zone and set the Country to be Belgium:

That should do the trick. But in any case, if you need to add the code to the functions.php you do need a Child Theme. Please read the article below to know how to install the Child Theme:

After the installation, you can simply go to Appearance > Editor > Theme Functions and there you can access the functions.php file and add whatever code you like:

Installing and activating the Child Theme will not affect your settings and additional CSS in the Theme Options.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.