Adding back buttons to portfolio pages

Hello,
I’m trying to add “back” and “next” buttons to my individual portfolio item pages. Is this possible to do with Renew 5?
Link to my site: [http://www.briannehepworth.com/portfolio/]

Also, I’m having trouble with the filter posts essential grid button. I can’t seem to figure out how to get it to filter out posts when I click on it. right now, nothing shows up.

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in!

1.) Adding next/previous button to individual portfolio item pages:

• Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

Once you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/RENEW/CONTENT-PORTFOLIO.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Portfolio post output for Renew.
// =============================================================================

?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>

<div class="entry-top-navigation">
        <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>" class="entry-parent" title="<?php $title; ?>"><i class="x-icon-th" data-x-icon="&#xf00a;"></i></a>
        <?php x_entry_navigation(); ?>
      </div>

<?php if ( ! x_is_portfolio_item() ) : ?>

<div class="entry-featured">
      <?php x_portfolio_item_featured_content(); ?>
      <div class="entry-cover">
        <div class="entry-cover-content">
          <span><?php echo get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_x_portfolio_media', true ); ?></span>
          <h2 class="entry-title entry-title-portfolio">
            <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to: "%s"', '__x__' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>"><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?></a>
          </h2>
          <span><?php echo get_the_date( 'm.d.y' ); ?></span>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>

<?php endif; ?>

<div class="entry-wrap cf">

<?php if ( is_singular() ) : ?>

<div class="entry-info">
        <div class="entry-featured">
          <?php x_featured_portfolio( 'cropped' ); ?>
        </div>
        <header class="entry-header">
          <h1 class="entry-title entry-title-portfolio"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
          <?php x_renew_entry_meta(); ?>
        </header>
        <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content', 'the-content' ); ?>
      </div>
      <div class="entry-extra">
        <?php x_portfolio_item_tags(); ?>
        <?php x_portfolio_item_project_link(); ?>
        <?php x_portfolio_item_social(); ?>
      </div>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>
</article>

3] Save the file named as content-portfolio.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/renew/ or wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/renew/ if you are using Pro theme.

You will have to create the folder names since this folder path does not exist in your child theme yet.

2.) And for Essential Grid filter, please check out this documentation:
https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/category-filters/

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.