"add to cart button" not showing up at bottom

Hey there,

could you give me a hint how a add to cart button can show up under every product in an product overview/category?

Best regards
Alessandro

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! For the shop page, you will get the add to card button. Which stack you’re using ?

Also check your WooCommerce > Settings > Products tab.

Thanks!

1 Like

Actually I’m using the Icon stack.

Meanwhile I think I found the problem here. WooCommerce is telling me that templates are outdated. I was updating the X theme from a 3.X to the newest. Do you think this is why the buttons doesn’t appear?

As you can see in the picture, actually the add to cart button is showing up within the picture as a hover. (On the picture may you can see a different stack, but the problem is similar)

Hi There,

Thanks for updating the thread!

If you are using the latest version of the theme, you shouldn’t face the outdated woo-commerce template issue.
To find out what could be the issue we need few details from your side.
Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!
1 Like

Hi Alessandro,

You forgot to include your site url.

Please send us a link to your site so we can check.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

I updated the secure note.

Hi there,

The add cart button is there, and it’s correct, it appears on hover. If you wish to display upon load instead of hover, then please add this CSS to your global custom CSS.

.woocommerce li.product .entry-header .button {
     opacity: 1 !important;   
    }

Thanks!

1 Like

My intend is to let it appear at the bottom on each product, like its shown in frontstore of woo

…does that mean, I don’t have to update the woo templates?

Hi there,

Yes, you don’t have to. It’s intentionally made like that :slight_smile:

You can still achieve that, please update the CSS that I gave to this

.woocommerce li.product .entry-header .button {
    position: initial;
    opacity: 1;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you Rad, this is exactly what we wanted and works perfectly for our new website :slight_smile:

However, the CSS has no influence when put into a version running X Theme 3.1.1. Because of a couple of reasons I can’t update here. Do you have a tip for me how I can let show up the buttons in 3.1.1 as well?

Best regards
Alessandro

Hi @zirgon,

Could you please provide us with your website of X theme has version 3.1.1?

I recommend you update it to the latest version as well: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62.

Regards!

Hi Thai,

thanks for your recommendation. Unfortunately an update of the site is not possible at this moment as i mentioned before. There will be a whole new site running the newest version of X. However, till the new site has launched, we want to fix a couple of details at the old one.

I posted the link to our old website in a secure note.

Hi there,

Thanks for providing the link.

Unfortunately, X version 3.1.1 does not have the add to cart button for the products pages unlike the update version of X where you can simple add a custom CSS to change the way the button is displayed since it is already part of the page.

Your option now would be to update the theme to the same version as the other site so you can simply add the CSS code to change the placement of the button or to override the wooocommerce template but it will still be using an outdated version of the woocommerce theme files.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.