Add Sidebar to Portfolio Posts Page inside Renew Stack

Hi there,

I would like to add a sidebar to my portfolio post-page.

I’ve been searching for a solution, but can’t find any.

• I’ve been looking for a „use global content layout“ option inside the portfolio settings, but there is none.

• If I go into the sidebar menue inside my wordpress dashboard, my portfolio items aren’t listed under „All Pages and Posts“, so I can’t add a side bar… .

How can I add a sidebar to my portfolio posts?

All the best

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Edit your Portfolio page and scroll down to locate the Portfolio Settings section. Under that area, you will find an option to select your layout.

Make sure to create a sidebar and assign the portfolio page to your sidebar as well.

Hope that helps.

Hi there,

and thanks for your reply.

I have tried that before.
However, unfortunately I don’t the have the option to choose a global content layout inside my portfolio settings, just inside my Blog settings… .

Hi,

The portfolio page was designed to befull width. To add sidebar you need to edit the portfolio file.

Create file wp-single-x-portfolio.php in wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/renew

Then add the code below into that fie.

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/RENEW/WP-SINGLE-X-PORTFOLIO.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Single portfolio post output for Renew.
// =============================================================================

?>

<?php get_header(); ?>

<div class="x-container max width offset">
    <div class="x-main left" role="main">

<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
        <?php x_get_view( 'renew', 'content', 'portfolio' ); ?>
        <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_comments-template' ); ?>
      <?php endwhile; ?>

</div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
  </div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Hope that helps.

Hi there,

thanks for that! I’ve managed to add a sidebar now! :slight_smile:

How do I add content to the sidebar, as there is still no “global content layout”-option inside my portfolio settings.

Can you also tell me how to remove the “SHARE-Box”

THANK YOU!

Hi There,

Thanks for the update!

To disable the social sharing, please go to theme option -> Portfolio -> Sharing and disable there.

If you have added a sidebar, it should come under Dashboard -> Appearance -> widget where you can drag and drop any widget to the sidebar and add your content.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Thank you,

however, I cannot disable the social Sharing box. I see what you’re screenshot pictures inside my portfolio options. But it only lets me remove the labels, not the whole box…

Regarding the sidebar. I have added the sidebar by adding the code above. There’s space for sidebar content as you can tell from my screenshot above.

How do I assign this sidebar content.
I know how to add widgets to side bars, but I don’t know how edit this certain sidebar I have got by adding the code and add content to it.

Do you know what I mean?

All the best

Hello there,

however, I cannot disable the social Sharing box. I see what you’re screenshot pictures inside my portfolio options. But it only lets me remove the labels, not the whole box…

You can remove social sharing by adding the code into X > Theme Options > CSS:

.sharedaddy {
   display: none;
}

Regarding the sidebar. I have added the sidebar by adding the code above. There’s space for sidebar content as you can tell from my screenshot above.

How do I assign this sidebar content.
I know how to add widgets to side bars, but I don’t know how edit this certain sidebar I have got by adding the code and add content to it.

You can add your text content or shortcodes into a Text widget.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.