Add php snippet under Post Title; divide up post meta?

I’m using a Team plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/team-showcase/) so I can showcase the several people that worked on a particular review. It currently shows up at the bottom of the page (where I insert the shortcode the plugin generates).

I’d like to actually move it up and center it under the blog post’s Title, so you see it small and elegant before jumping into the body of the post, like a byline. The plugin generates a php snippet that I can use instead of the shortcode, but I’m curious how/where I’d insert that into my child theme directory (functions.php? another file?).

The snippet is something like this:

<?php echo do_shortcode("[show-team orderby='modified' category='4top' layout='grid' style='img-circle,img-grayscale,text-center,img-above,4-columns' display='name,photo,position' img='80,80']"); ?>

You can see what it generates here (scroll down to bottom):

Also, another small but nagging detail I’d like to include on the post page is put the Category of the post above the Title, and keep the date below. Currently on that page you’ll see both are below. And I’ve hid the poster name and the comments meta, but you’ll see a trailing “/” after the category name that I don’t know how to make go away!

Thanks for any guidance, o wizards. I’m on Pro/Integrity stack.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for writing in, while that is outside the scope of support, I could point you in the right direction with the understanding that it would ultimately be your responsibility to take it from here.

First, please set up a child theme, then on your parent theme navigate to this directory \pro\framework\views\integrity and copy the file _content-post-header.php

Navigate to your child theme \pro-child\framework\views\integrity directory (create it if the folder does not exist), paste the file _content-post-header.php in there, then open/edit it.

Then look for this line:

<?php if ( is_single() ) : ?>
 <h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

You can insert the code you shown above, just below that line.

Here’s the CSS rule to hide the last slash / on your post’s meta.

.p-meta>span:nth-child(3):after {
	display: none;
}

Add this to Theme Options > CSS

You can find the proper CSS code selector using the Chrome browser Developer Toolbar
For the CSS code itself, I suggest that you get started with this tutorial

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

Awesome, thank you for the lead/guidance … I think I can get it done.

Also much appreciate the CSS tip on getting rid of that trailing slash! Worked perfectly.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

It worked perfectly and now I understand a bit more of the relationship between the theme files and the child theme. Appreciate that.

One final question that I alluded to in the initial post was breaking up the post’s metadata … ideally having the Category above the Post Title and the Date below the Post Title.

In the _CONTENT-POST-HEADER.PHP file i see it references:

<?php x_integrity_entry_meta(); ?>

Can you tell me where I can find that? And I’m assuming it will contain all 4 of the post metadata settings so it might not be easy for me to break them up both above and below the post title?

Hey There,

Thanks for updating in!

x_integrity_entry_meta() function can be added in your child theme’s functions.php file if you want to modify the output and how the post meta will be displayed. The original code is this:

// Integrity Custom Entry Meta
// =============================================================================

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_integrity_entry_meta' ) ) :
  function x_integrity_entry_meta() {

//
    // Author.
    //

$author = sprintf( '<span><i class="x-icon-pencil" data-x-icon-s="&#xf303;"></i> %s</span>',
      get_the_author()
    );

//
    // Date.
    //

$date = sprintf( '<span><time class="entry-date" datetime="%1$s"><i class="x-icon-calendar" data-x-icon-s="&#xf073;"></i> %2$s</time></span>',
      esc_attr( get_the_date( 'c' ) ),
      esc_html( get_the_date() )
    );

//
    // Categories.
    //

if ( get_post_type() == 'x-portfolio' ) {
      if ( has_term( '', 'portfolio-category', NULL ) ) {
        $categories        = get_the_terms( get_the_ID(), 'portfolio-category' );
        $separator         = ', ';
        $categories_output = '';
        foreach ( $categories as $category ) {
          $categories_output .= '<a href="'
                              . get_term_link( $category->slug, 'portfolio-category' )
                              . '" title="'
                              . esc_attr( sprintf( __( "View all posts in: &ldquo;%s&rdquo;", '__x__' ), $category->name ) )
                              . '"><i class="x-icon-bookmark" data-x-icon-s="&#xf02e;"></i> '
                              . $category->name
                              . '</a>'
                              . $separator;
        }

$categories_list = sprintf( '<span>%s</span>',
          trim( $categories_output, $separator )
        );
      } else {
        $categories_list = '';
      }
    } else {
      $categories        = get_the_category();
      $separator         = ', ';
      $categories_output = '';
      foreach ( $categories as $category ) {
        $categories_output .= '<a href="'
                            . get_category_link( $category->term_id )
                            . '" title="'
                            . esc_attr( sprintf( __( "View all posts in: &ldquo;%s&rdquo;", '__x__' ), $category->name ) )
                            . '"><i class="x-icon-bookmark" data-x-icon-s="&#xf02e;"></i> '
                            . $category->name
                            . '</a>'
                            . $separator;
      }

$categories_list = sprintf( '<span>%s</span>',
        trim( $categories_output, $separator )
      );
    }

//
    // Comments link.
    //

if ( comments_open() ) {

$title  = apply_filters( 'x_entry_meta_comments_title', get_the_title() );
      $link   = apply_filters( 'x_entry_meta_comments_link', get_comments_link() );
      $number = apply_filters( 'x_entry_meta_comments_number', get_comments_number() );

$text = ( 0 == $number ) ? __( 'Leave a Comment', '__x__' ) : sprintf( _n( '%s Comment', '%s Comments', $number, '__x__' ), $number );

$comments = sprintf( '<span><a href="%1$s" title="%2$s" class="meta-comments"><i class="x-icon-comments" data-x-icon-s="&#xf086;"></i> %3$s</a></span>',
        esc_url( $link ),
        esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Leave a comment on: &ldquo;%s&rdquo;', '__x__' ), $title ) ),
        $text
      );

} else {

$comments = '';

}

//
    // Output.
    //

if ( x_does_not_need_entry_meta() ) {
      return;
    } else {
      printf( '<p class="p-meta">%1$s%2$s%3$s%4$s</p>',
        $author,
        $date,
        $categories_list,
        $comments
      );
    }

}
endif;

You can add your modifications and see how it looks like in your site. If you want to break this apart, you will be needing to create another custom function to display the parts of your post meta. You may have something like function x_integrity_entry_meta_one() and function x_integrity_entry_meta_two() and each of this functions will be added above and below the post title in _content-post-header.php file.

Please note that custom coding is outside the scope of our support. Issues that might arise from the use of custom code and further enhancements should be directed to a third party developer.

Hope this make sense.

It does. I appreciate the details/explanation and will give it a shot. Thank you.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.