Add Google Map Marker

I have created a greyscale google map through creating an API through Google cloud.

I have entered the longitude and latitude, but not sure how to add a marker.

At the moment, the map is zoomed out and not zoomed in enough to show detail of the address I want to marker.

The purpose of this map is to show our business address (and want to keep it grayscale)

Many thanks

UPDATE:
I have added a marker, however it has whited-out the map itself and only shows the red marker and content title

Hi Greer,

I am not sure which tool you use to add the Google Map. If it is not part of our theme, unfortunately, we are not the correct people to follow up.

But, if you use Cornerstone or the Pro Editor you can use the Map element to add the map to your page and you can assign markers. Please kindly read the article below for more information:

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

To explain better, please see screenshot below:

When I load my page to view - it says ‘This page can’t load Google Maps correctly’

I have used the Maps included in the theme

Many thanks for your help

Hey Greer,

In your screenshot, I don’t see the error message “This page can’t load Google Maps correctly”. Is that message in the console?

I checked your contact page and there’s no error message too even in the console.

Please provide more details.

Regarding the Map Marker, please ensure that the marker’s location is within the view of the map. Please give us WordPress Admin access in a Secure Note also so we could check your backend setup.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply - please see screenshot below

I will try a secure note - I haven’t done one before

Hi Greer,

I can see the issue on your contact page. The error is usually on the console. Here is what I found:

You have exceeded your request quota for this API. See https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages?utm_source=maps_js&utm_medium=degraded&utm_campaign=billing#api-key-and-billing-errors

Please follow the link and suggestion on how to fix it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. Instead of using an API, I have now opted to use Map Type:Embed, which is now working great.

Is there anyway I can make this map a greyscale colouring?

Many thanks in advance

Hey Greer,

Regretfully, that is not an option using the Embed Type. You will need to find a developer who could integrate the style to the embed code.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.