Add Columns CSS Help

Hi,

I am looking to add the following code to create the attached image.

#prefooter {
border-top:1px solid #efefef;
padding:10px 0;
margin-top: 60px;
}
#prefooter .one-third.gift {
border-right:1px solid #efefef;
border-left:1px solid #efefef;
margin-right:18px;
text-align: center;
}

.follow-us {
margin-top: 3px;
}
.follow-us h5 {
display: inline-block;
float:left;
line-height: 24px;
margin: 2px 13px 0 0;
font-size: 14px;
text-transform: uppercase;
}

.follow-us a {
display: block;
float:left;
height:24px;
overflow: hidden;
margin:0 10px 0 0;
}

.follow-us a:hover img {
margin-top:-24px;
}

.twitter-message {
background: url(images/quote.png) no-repeat scroll 5px 2px transparent;
padding: 0 0 5px 23px;
font-size:11px;
}

.twitter-message a {
color:#ff4a4a;
}

I have tried inserting this into css with the start .x.main.full and .x-colophon.bottom but cannot seem to get it to work? Any ideas?

Hi Tim,

Thank you for writing in, I see that screenshot taken from your live site that is not using X theme. You can actually do that in X theme without a custom CSS.

Set your section to 1/3 columns

Then add the necessary elements on those columns (e.g. text element and social element)

Cheers!

Hi, thank you for your reply,

I have moved site across to x theme but wanted to keep those 3 columns. Will doing as you have suggested be just above the footer but below products as I would like for all pages? And where abouts is that setting?

Hi Tim,

That screenshot of mine is the left-panel of Cornerstone.

With the Cornerstone content builder, you can put your elements anywhere in the page content area, yes if you place that 3 columns section as the last section, that would sit just above the footer.

I would advise taking some time to know the Cornerstone first, so you can build your pages properly.

How to Get to the Cornerstone editor
Cornerstone - Interface Introduction

If you need more documentation about the X theme and Cornerstone:
Knowledge Base Overview

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you, unfortunately it has not created the look I would like. Although I would like the columns I would like the vertical lines separating the columns as in screenshot.

Hi Tim,

May we know your website URL so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

Of course. Thank you. The old version is up at the moment which isnt X theme will that be of some help?

Hi @timmer81,

Sorry I mean the current URL you’re working so we can take a closer look at your HTML & CSS.

Thank you.

Currently it’s being edited locally. I’m changing it over on the weekend so I can let you know it’s up as I can add what I would like after. Would that be ok?

Hey Tim,

Yes, that would be great so that we can check it ourselves and provide you some suggestions.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.