Add Categories to post page

Hey there,

this is my website: www.herzgezeichnet.de/blog and I’d like to edit the post index page… I saw in another forum that I can add this to my functions.php:

function add_categories() {
if(is_home()) { ?>
<div class=“x-container max width”
<?php echo get_the_category_list(); ?>

<?php
}
}
add_action( ‘x_after_view_global__slider-below’, ‘add_categories’, 10 );

It worked excatly good!! Thanks for that! But now, the categories are shown as bullet points. I would like to have it like she has it: https://julia-hofmann.de/blog.html when you click on a category you only see the posts of it. Do you know what I mean? The categories in a row and with some colour behind.

Thanks Guys!!!

Hey @tanjadietz,

The theme does not have a style for the category list. Styling that would require custom development which is outside the scope of our support. For that, you will need to consult with a third party developer.

Please note that we do not provide custom development here. We could only point you to the right direction so you could start on the development on your own or for reference for other developers.

I’d recommend that you use The Grid plugin which comes bundled in X instead to display your blog and also show a category list. Here’s a demo.

Thank you for understanding.

Hey hey,

thanks a lot! I see you totally understood what I asked for. The demo is exactly what I am looking for. Can you tell me the way I can use it? Where can I find it?

Thanks !!

Hi there,

Please check this article for information on how to setup a demo content:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.