Add a sidebar

Hi guys,

I asked a developer to help me building my website with X Theme Pro but he is telling me that he can’t add a basic sidebar into an article template. How is it possible for such a premium theme ?

How can we add a sidebar for articles?

Thanks!

Hello Remy,

Thanks for writing in!

Before you can a sidebar, please make sure that you have set your global layout settings. Please go to Pro > Theme Options > Layout & Design > Content Layout and set it to “Sidebar Left, Content Right” or “Content Left, Sidebar Right”. Every time you create a blog post article, it should display a sidebar. You can add widgets to the sidebar by going to Appearance > Widgets.

Hope this helps.

Thanks but if I’m putting Content Layout -> Content Left, Sidebar Right, my pages show a sidebar.

However, I would just want to load the Sidebar only into the articles, not for Pages.

Thanks !

Hello Remy,

The blog post articles will use the global setting. For your pages, you will have to apply page templates if you want to display no sidebar in pages. You can use Layout - Fullwidth page template or even use Blank - Containers or Blank - No Container page templates which by the way the recommended page templates if you are using Pro editor in building the pages. To know more about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Well, my developer is saying that he can’t add a sidebar on my website. I’m kind of confused… Do you think someone from apex could check that out? I’m sure there is a way to do it. I really need a sidebar.

Many thanks!

Hello Remy,

Please provide us access to your site so that we can help your developer display the sidebars in your blog posts and fullwidth layout on normal pages.

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

OK I just replied using a secure note inside my previous message.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Hello Remy,

I have edited your Theme Option settings. I set the content layout to “Content Left, Sidebar Right”. The post content appears in the left side and your sidebar is on the right side.

I also edited all your pages and set the page template to Layout - Fullwidth.

Please check your site now.

Looks amazing !

Thank you very much !!

Really appreciate :slight_smile:

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.