Activation purchase # not working for validation of X

We have a live site that needs X update but the purchase code is not working for validation.
After entering the code + enter nothing happens.
How can we validate the theme?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! There are some possible caused to validation issues.

1. First make sure that you’re using the latest version of X theme and Cornerstone plugin. You can review the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).
  2. Make sure that PHP cURL extension is enabled on your server and use a PHP version like v5.6.x or higher to avoid incompatibility issues.

If you’re still having issues, please refer (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201).

Hope that helps.

Can we updateX and Cornerstone without validation?

Hi There,

You can always download the latest version of X theme from your Enavato account and then you can manually update (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

To update Cornerstone plugin, you can simply delete the current version from your plugins section. Then head over to X -> Validation section and wait for few seconds to install the latest version automatically.

Then try to validate your site and it should work.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for your help.
It’s not going to mess up the site if I delete Cornerstone? Site is done, up and running…

Hello @wtdm,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Removing Cornerstone won’t delete the contents from the website as they are stored in database. However, till the time Cornerstone doesn’t get installed (installation won’t take much time) you will see short-codes appearing on front end of the website. Upon installing Cornerstone everything should get back to normal and should work as they are supposed too.

Thanks

1 Like

Nervous about manually updating X / Cornerstone, didn’t create this particular site, not sure how many customization were done and where… Really OK to switch to random theme and reinstall latest version of X from fresh download?

Followed your directions and reinstalled latest version of X.
Still no validation available, entering the code + enter has no effect.

I have the theme invoice/purchase code available if you need it.

Hi there,

Well, we are back to the first step please check with your hosting service provider and ask them if your WordPress installation has cURL access to our servers. You can send the article below to them:

Also get back to us with the Login information of your website using a Secure Note so we can check and see if there is an error in the browser console other than the cUrl problem.

Thank you.

Hosting service is probably not the issue as we have another dozen X themes installed and never had that issue.

Hello There,

I can confirm the issue in your site. I already tested for a plugin conflict and it is still not working. Would you mind providing us your ftp access so the can check your files? There might be some corrupted files that is causing this. We want to investigate further.

Thank you in advance.

Here you go.
Thanks for looking into it.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have re uploaded the theme files to make sure that there are no corrupted files. I tested again and still no go. So I ended up deactivating most of the plugins excluding Cornerstone. I validated your site and it was successful. I guess the issue is coming from a plugin. Well anyway, it is already validated so you can now install any 3rd party bundled in the theme.

Please check your site now.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick help on this. Looks like everything is now fine and validation went through.
I didn’t design this particular site but will ask the person who did about some of the plugins I’m not familiar with (SSL one in particular) and there are two different image compression plugins as well…

Again, thanks for the awesome support.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.