Activate a license to an already existing X-Website

Hello.
I need to activate a license for an already existing Website.
Due to the fact that i’m not a native speaker I’m confused about what to type into the “staging-field”

Am I supposed to type in something there? Or does it just take that long to accept the change? Was over an hour ago since I set up the new Website.

Thank for your Support.
CHeers Dennis

Hello Dennis,

You can have a production/live site and a staging/development site for each license. It is not necessary to have both. In case you need a staging or development site before pushing all the changes to the live site, you can validate the installation of the staging site by registering the URL of the staging site to the license.

https://theme.co/t/setup-product-validation/55

Hope this explains it.

@Jade
Thank you for explaining! I do understand that now.
But, I still can’t perform the theme-update neither the x-plugin-updates. It tells me i have to validate my X-theme.

On the other side when i click on that link, it takes me to the tab: Addons –> Home | Where this message is placed from themeco which says, that my side is validated

When i click the “Manage-Licenses-Button” it takes me to the page of my first screenshot in my first question.
However my question now is, how do I manage, to correctly validate my domain to be able to update my wordpress-theme and plugins? Thank you already!

CHeers Dennis

Hello Dennis,

It seems that you have already successfully validated your site since you are seeing the Revoke Validation option. If you haven’t validated your site, you will see a textbox that will ask you for the license key for you to validate your site.

Now since you have already validated your theme, you should be able to update the theme and the bundled plugins in the dashboard when there is a newly released update:

Hope this explains it.

Hello Jade.
I’m sorry to reply again but as you can see in my screenshot, it says, that I still have to validate X to enable updates.
In contradiction to what THEMECO tells me. (Screenshot before)

German part says: You’re using version 4.4.2. Update to version 6.4.6

I already tried to update the Plugins & Theme but it isn’t working.

Hi Dennis,

Upon checking, I see that you’re using an older version of X theme (v4.4.2) and Cornerstone (v2.0.5). The latest version of X theme is (v6.4.6) and Cornerstone (v3.4.6). Since you have missed some of the major update releases, automatic updates will not be initiated correctly.

I would suggest you to update your X theme and Cornerstone plugin manually for once and then try to validate your site again. Please follow our manual update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.