ACF PRO 5.7.x support

Hi,

Curretly supported version for ACF is 5.6.10. When will the latest version of ACF Pro 5.7.x will be available as 5.7 onwards has major updates. It would be great if you could make it available with the package soon.

Hi There,

Thanks for you report.

Before we release the new version of bundled plugins, we have to test them first. To make sure there are no issues conflict between X/Pro theme and the bundled plugins.

Stay tuned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Will it be mentioned in the changelog once the supported version is pushed with the update? I generally had to uninstall the plugin and reinstall to find out that there is a new supported version for ACF Pro.

Hey @dshakya,

Not everytime. Bundled plugins might pass the compatibility test anytime and updates will be released. Just check your WordPress dashboard for updates.

Thanks.

Thanks @christian_y,

The problem is that the dashboard already says that there is an update for the plugin so any updates pushed won’t generate new notification. Would be great if this was communicated in some way via KB or social media or emails.

Oh I see. I’ll forward your concern to the person handling the updates.

Thanks.

Hey There,

ACF 5.7 is a major update with the potential of breaking a lot of customers custom fields therefore we wait with updates in that capacity till all outstanding bugs that we’ve found are addressed. This ensures a smooth transition for existing customers which is in the interest of all of us. As soon as we’ve tested and confirmed this we will push this new major version of ACF. This will be done in the coming days.

About availability of plugin versions. We have a dedicated knowledge base page showing the current version here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Let me know if you have any further questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.