Accordions stopped opening and, after update, got their visual styles ruined

This is very strange. Pro has been working well for months, but accordions stopped opening on all pages all out of a sudden. The only significant event I can remember was telling a random plugin to auto-update; I don’t even remember which one it was. I updated Pro from 1.1.1 to 1.2.3 hoping that the problem would go, but it not only persisted, but the visual styles I was using are now gone too. Did the shortcode change? As a matter of fact, I am using shortcodes and not the drag-n-drop element.

The website in question is http://wowloretldr.com

24 hours and still waiting for the support staff to help bring the website back from its dead state. I noticed another styling issue today. The main page has an element with display fixed to the bottom of the screen, the code of which is located in the top-most section of the page out of 7 sections. I’ve noticed that this element is displaying behind the elements of the subsequent sections despite it having a z-index of 999 and the other sections being on default. For mods: This is the lowest, “classic raw content” element in the first section.

Also, the main page’s preview is not loading due to a front-end conflict. Tried reloading pages and restarting Windows but the issue is persisting.

Edit: Just tried creating a new page and dragging and dropping an accordion to it. It works perfectly fine, and I just checked to see that it has the same shortcode as the main page’s. This means that some sort of conflict is taking place on the main page, but I am not qualified to trace it unless I manually reverse engineer the page.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edit 2: The page http://wowloretldr.com/maps-stormwind/ has no body anymore. The footer is adjacent to the header with 0 pixels in between and sections in the builder mode can only be seen in the non-visual view. I am really baffled at this point.

Edit 3:
Back to the main page (AKA http://wowloretldr.com/story-3), I got the accordions to work by disabling some plugins. However, although I fixed most of the styling, they still have a strange white edge that is different from the border property. Also, the z-index issue is still present. Last but not least, the shortcodes for block_grid and button apparently stopped working after the update.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! We apologized if it took us more than 24 hours to responds. There is a huge number of tickets due to the updates which is why response time is a little bit longer. Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

I have logged in and investigated your site. I will not go on to the issues at the moment because I noticed that you have installed Pro theme incorrectly. This could be the reason of all those issues so we need to fix it first. Please do the following to correct your Pro theme installation.
1.) Please log in to your FTP
2.) Browse to the themes folder wp-content/themes/
3.) Please move your pro folder to the correct one which is this:
wp-content/themes/pro/ because at the moment, you have placed it in wp-content/themes/pro/pro/
4.) And lastly, you will need to clear your plugin cache since you have install WP Super Cache.
5.) Also clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello, RueNel.

With all due respect to Themeco and their incredible work on Pro, I feel hugely mistreated by the fact that your forum interface is full of informative tooltips which nonetheless do not make any mention of this unorthodox queue pushing rule. Very ridiculous.

Back to the issue, I’ve done as you told me and it solved two issues; shortcodes and white edges. Good job spotting it! The only issue that remains is the z-index.

Edit 1: Hello again, RueNel. A workaround I found by googling was to set the z-index of all subsequent sections to -1. I am not knowledgeable enough to tell if that’s a best practice or not, and I can surely tell you that I did not need it before the update (not sure what changed).

Thank you very much for the help, and please remember to convey my complaint to the management if you can! Aside from this inconvenience, you can tell them that Pro is one of the best things that happened to me.

Anyways, please do not hesitate to share any advice, and aside from that I wish you a great day.

Edit 2: I’m trying to add a sidebar to my blog page only but the options pertaining to this are extremely confusing. Pro has layout options (full width or content/sidebar combo) both globally and for each page individually. Naturally, this means that the local option overrides the global one. But this selection does not seem to sync with WordPress’ already-confusing options in Appearance > Sidebars and Appearance > Widgets.

It took me enabling/disabling all options and then waiting more time while playing around to have the changes take effect. It’s been now 10 minutes since I switched my posts page (blog) back to full width, switched Pro global layout to full width, and unassigned the sidebar I had created in Appearance > Sidebars from it, and I tried loading the page in incognito too. Yet, the blog posts on the page are still taking the two thirds on the left with this funny empty column on the right.

Furthermore, when this right sidebar was still officially enabled, the text and custom HTML widgets I added via Pro’s widget options were utterly unstyled; they were just plain black text without any kind of container rendered directly over the site’s background. If these widgets are functioning the way they’re supposed to, then what other method can I use to have custom widget content while retaining the universal widget styles?

Response Times is mentioned in our How To Get Support article under the Resources section in the sidebar.

1: Please give us a screenshot of this section.

2: Setting Content Layout to Fullwidth will make everything in your site fullwidth. With that said, you should use a layout with sidebar. This will also enable the sidebar in your single posts though. Custom development is required to make your posts fullwidth.

3: Please give us a screenshot of how your widgets normally looks like and how it looks like using Pro Widget element. I tested adding a Widget Area element and the Main Sidebar widgets’ have styles.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.