Accessibility - Remove "aria-haspopup" from hamburger menu

Hey there! Is it possible to remove the aria-haspopup=true from the hamburger menu for off canvas content? My accessibility company is asking me to remove this. Is it possible to change the markup of this entire toggle? I’d also like to edit the aria-label to be more accurate as well.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for writing in. Regretfully, there’s no option to update the markup of elements. What you could do though is create your own element. We now have an Element API to allow users to create their own elements. For more details, please see the answer to How do I use the Element API? in our recent Release Notes here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-3-0-x-7-0-cornerstone-4-0/64267

Hope that helps.

Thanks! No worries, I was able to change a lot of these things on the fly with javascript. I think most of my issue was that I used a flyout “content area” instead of a fly out menu. I bet the menu works properly but I was forced to use a content area because I needed to populate the flyout with a shortcode which populated a widget area. That way I could add multiple elements to the flyout menu (instead of just a single menu). Headlines, search bar, multiple menus, etc. I’ll checkout the Element API

Hey Matt,

It’s good to know that you have figured out a way to resolve your issue.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.