Accent added to empty sections, and in text elements

Hi,

The content builder adds accents instead of spaces in my text elements (I was able to go through the page and manually delete them and add a space again).

However, empty columns have the accent there, which it of course shouldn’t. How can i remove these?

https://stenpapir.dk/

Best,
Johan

Hi Johan,

Thanks for writing in!

The blank section doesn’t add anything, except a   which belongs to space.

I checked your website and found that the   has been displaying as a character. I tested blank section in other setup and website but there is no similar issue.
Seems like the issue is related to your setup only. That might be due to several reasons.

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

I tried disabling plugins, and disabling the child theme. I have no JS implemented, and the CSS isn’t the issue (at least not from what i could figure out).

Could you take a look?

Hi There,

It might be you forgot to add the HTML closed tags(</div>, </span>, </p>) in your text elements.

E.g:

• Correct: <div><a class="productlink" href="#kontakt">Skilte</a></div>

• Incorrect: <div><a class="productlink" href="#kontakt">Skilte</a>

Please use this online tool to format your text elements then find the closed tags:

https://www.freeformatter.com/html-formatter.html#ad-output

Let us know how it goes!

My HTML seems to be coded correctly, so there must be something else?

Johan

Thanks for the update, Johan, Yes, I don’t see an error in your HTML. I don’t know what caused this though. The only issue that I saw was you left the column empty. I added a Gap element to it and the issue disappeared.

The Gap element is also important because that will show your column’s background image on mobile.

Please do the same for your other columns.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.