About Layer Slider update

There is an update for Layer Slider in the plugin section on my dashboard.
It won’t update unless if I purchase a license for it according to layer Slider owner or what ever it is.
What is the point to have it as bundle with X knowingly Layer slider will not update the product without purchase. It doesn’t sound professional or at least hide the update.
In my opinion this is hiding extra cost before the purchase of The X.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The updates for these bundled plugins will be served through our Theme.co plugin repository server. The plugin section will notify you of the new plugin versions. When you update it, it will contact the Themeco server first and looks for the updated plugin. And if that new version is not present it will try to contact the server of the origin of the plugin and this is were you have encountered the issue.

You must understand that before we push any plugin updates to our server, we always conduct a test for compatibility and look for any issues that may arise with the newly released version. If we do not find any issues after testing then that is the time we release and marked as compatible with the theme. You can check the latest supported plugin version from this page: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195/1

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Thanks for your reply but it wasn’t helpful or you may understood me wrong. I don’t think an update alert can just jump out of the sky if it didn’t get to me through your system i am afraid. What I am suggesting that after the same issues has happened to me in the past with my other 2 X Themes. I think that will not happen this time if you are not able to fix this issue I rather ask for refund without any regret. thank you.

https://www.screencast.com/t/JPZe1kQjS

Hi There,

As well explained by Rue Nel, when the plugin developers release an update, some update messages can appear on the dashboard, while we try to avoid that them appear while the latest version of the plugin is not yet tested by our team, these messages do pass trough our filter from time to time.

The latest version of layer slider available with X is Version: 6.5.5 as stated on :

Our team will test make sure the new version is 100% compatible with the team and release the new version as soon as possible.

Hope it clarifies.