A question on designing with Icon 1

Hello,

I have a quick question. I am interested in Icon 1, and want to construct a website for the company I work for, just to start up :slightly_smiling_face:

You see the slider at the very top, with the 1,2,3,4 popping up at different turns? If I wanted that same slider with those same effects, can you kindly advise how I can achieve this?

Also, if I wanted you guys to assist me in developing just the front page for me or similar features, how do I go on about this? and is this something you do please? Many thanks for your help…

Hi @sakwara,

Thanks for writing in!

The slider you are referring for has been done using the Revolution Slider plugin which comes with Theme for free to use.
In the slider, there are multiple images with layered animation effect. You can build a similar slider too.
Please check this Video which will help you to build similar layer animation.

Regarding the service you are looking for, we do have a custom development team, but I am not sure if they will work on small scale projects. You can reach out in matt@theme.co if you want.

Thanks

Thank you. i’ll reach out to him now.

Another thing that keeps happening with the layout, Icon 1, When I am editing the homepage with cornerstone, on the layouts tab, I am okay- I can be able to edit, but on the elements tab, it automatically goes to a 404 error page. How can I fix this please? When i want to add an element, it automatically goes to a page that has a 404 error on it. It says the page cannot be found and to try looking for it another way. Please advise. Thank you

Hi Sheilla,

Thanks again for asking!

Look like you are facing permalink issue on your site.

Please go to Dashboard -> Setting -> Permalink and save it again!

Hope that fixes your issue!
If that doesn’t help please send us your login details in a secure note so that we can have a look.

Secure Note

Hello, I tried to save via the instructions you gave above, and still the same issue.

I sent my logins as a secure note…

Thank you

And lastly, to add an image on classic tabs, which is under my banner, all i have to do is go to elements and put the image element and then put a picture, right?

I wouldn’t know if this works because when i click element, it goes to a 404 page. Hopefully we can figure out what’s going on. Many thanks for all your help.

Hello Sheilla,

Thanks for updating the thread.

As you are using Custom Permalinks Structure, please remove index.php under Settings > Permalinks.

Thanks.

Thanks for your instruction. Just to confirm…so it says the below right now:

/index.php/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/

So do I remove the / as well and leave it as this?

/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/

what exactly am I leaving? Can you please clarify a bit as I don’t want to mess anything up… because if I remove what you said, just index.php, it will be the below with 2 hyphens:

//%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/

Hi there,

You can leave /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/

Hope this helps.

Thanks. it works fine now…

Last question on this topic. So now I am able to add elements, but you see how with Icon 1 it has that classic tab feature? I thought if i dragged the image element onto it, that I would be able to add image on the tab.

Is there documentation on how one navigates the classic tab or how one adds image onto it?

Thanks so much for your patience in helping me.

Hello Sheilla,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As of now you can’t nest element’s i.e one element inside other element. However, as you are looking to add image inside tab element then tab element has WYSIWYG editor and you can use the image function of that to add image inside tab element. Here’s a screencast that you can take a look. I have shown bot the classic and V2 tab elements.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.