A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading. Try Again ERROR

Ever since I downloaded the Cornerstone update from early in October 2017 and patiently waited for the recent update on October 26, 2017, every single on of my pages has had this error:

A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading. Try Again

I have deactivated every single plugin. I have cleared my cache. I have upgraded the memory to 768 MB with my host.

I have deactivated Cornerstone and reactivated. If I uninstall Cornerstone and reinstall it will I lose all my data? I have 84 pages on my site!!

I can edit on VISUAL and TEXT mode without issues but I cannot edit with CORNERSTONE.

I need to edit my website with Cornerstone because it is so much faster!

HELP. I am losing my mind. My site is dynamic and changes every few days with specials and the month is almost up…I am also losing my business over this. www.newportaesthetics.com

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have investigated your site and I found out that you have inserted a <meta> in the custom JS section which is invalid. This has to be the cause of your issue. Please have it updated and only use this:

(function($){
  $('.foursquare').attr('Title', 'Yelp');
})(jQuery);

(function( $ ) {
  $('.x-blockquote .x-cite').each(function(){
    var url = $(this).text();
    $(this).html('<a href="http://' + url + '">' + url + '</a>');
  });
} ) ( jQuery );

Please bear in mind that <meta> tags should only be added in the head part of the page. To resolve this issue, you will need to install a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Add my custom meta
// =============================================================================
function add_my_custom_meta(){ ?>

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="bUH8Q31ZeYobAee7XUDlAqOgEiEIsrQoFphCtWSbzw4" />  

<?php }
add_action('wp_head', 'add_my_custom_meta');
// =============================================================================

Please let us know how it goes.

The changes suggested DID NOT WORK :frowning: I am so sad.

DO you think I can uninstall Cornerstone and reinstall in and NOT lose everything?

I am so afraid I will lose everything if I do this. I have deactivated every plugin and reactivated them w/o a hitch but I am too afraid to uninstall Cornerstone and install it all over again.

1 Like

Looks like you also have a meta tag in your custom CSS for the home page.

<style id="cornerstone-custom-page-css" type="text/css"><meta name="google-site-verification" content="xCKNjYpA9h8b-GoCbt3LNJxEyJMyu3acDH8lXkEXuSQ" />
.x-icon-foursquare:before{content:"\f1e9";}</style>

Only CSS can go in custom CSS and only Javascript can go in custom Javascript. When done incorrectly, the web browser doesn’t know how to read the page and you’ll get a front end conflict error.

How do I fix this?

You’ll need to edit your home page, click “CSS” and remove anything from there that isn’t valid CSS.

I cleared it completely from what I can see; that was done before as well.

Hi there,

It’s not yet deleted, I can still see them in your site’s source code. Or if you have a cache plugin please clean it too. Then please provide your login credentials in a secure note and I’ll try it too, especially the requests the builder is loaded.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.